August 25th review of the SS Minnow...I mean the Breakaway

Shoppie124

Back to Malting's I go!!!

We had three new members join our group...

An Orange fish

A drunk chick

A Carrot fish

I'm not really sure how Christian was able to deal with us!!!

Went went O'Sheehan's again...I guess so did everyone else..  So Nick says...Flash your gold card... We'll get seated quick... sure enough, we were seated in about 20 minutes.

Return to Miami...Still unknown

IMG_9911.JPEG

IMG_9916.JPEG

IMG_9921.JPEG

IMG_9926.JPEG

IMG_9927.JPEG

IMG_9931.JPEG

IMG_9933.JPEG

IMG_9937.JPEG

IMG_9938.JPEG

IMG_9940.JPEG

IMG_9945.JPEG

• Like 2

Just in case you are wondering, we weren't alone....

Meet the cruise ship conga line

We are the orange in the circle... being followed by a Disney ship, 4 Carnival ships, and an unknown cruise line (it said I just never heard of them).

Sara & I in our ships....

IMG_9947.PNG

IMG_9975.PNG

• Like 2

Lunch time!!!!

Doug and I went to the Haven

Sara went to the "other" french restaurant

Brie Burger...yummmmm

We begin to make plans with other passengers for a Halloween party, Thanksgiving, and Christmas... Since we are all still in the dark at this time...

IMG_9953.JPEG

• Like 1

Guess where we end up tonight???  Let me remind you .... It's still Sunday....

Hey David, Ruby is still partying it up with us!!!! @Ancient Cruiser

Unfortunately, the orange fish, carrot fish and the drunk girl never resurfaced...

Sara is off with her friends!!!!

9:09PM... Surprise!!!!  We are dumping you off in NOLA on the 3rd!!!  You better get you crap packed!!  We were still packed at this point.... We even sent out a second bag of laundry!

IMG_9970.JPEG

IMG_9971.JPEG

IMG_9976.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

I get up from my comfy bar seat and ask one of the people in a suit at LaCucina (I won't say which one as I don't was to get them in trouble).

They knew nothing of the change.

I then go up to the Haven.  I asked Bowen what he knew.  as he was reading this, the Captain came on and said the Port of Miami has been closed.  They working with local authorities and the Coast Guard...  Return to Miami unknown. 

This just in...your guess is as good as ours!!!

Now is when the fun really begins.

I missed something... On my way back to comfy bar stool, I was stopped the same LaCucina person I mentioned earlier and was asked if I could share everything else I knew since I knew more than they did!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, Shoppie124 said:

Lunch was next...trust me if you have a weak stomach...skip this post!

Frank took us to a local restaurant near where he lives.  Lunch consisted on a margarita for me, Salvavida beer for Doug and a sprite fore Sara.  I had shrimp, fried plantains, salad and beans & rice.  Doug had....brace yourself....iguana!

The locals we talked to felt iguana was a step above chicken🤢. Doug actually enjoyed it.  He said there were a lot of little bones and it had a fishy chicken taste...he said he’d order it again.  I couldn’t get past the skin...

You may have noticed Sara didn’t eat..  Well, Frank shared with us that fishing was the top income producer on the island followed by tourism... Seems there is a type of barracuda that can be caught off the island that is poisonous.  The way they tell if it is safe to eat, they put a piece of the fish near an ant hill.  If the ants eat it and live, it’s safe for humans.  Needless to say...Sara decided she wasn’t hungry.

0FB9EA57-C344-4F8B-A099-A9549219F938.jpeg

E9DF18BF-2301-4388-A77B-0B9704A27BE9.jpeg

0F7A356A-85F5-4C7F-B6AF-E2033E1D6213.jpeg

623742CF-5062-4130-9E0E-4F9B37901C7B.jpeg

B8A5E0EA-9FF1-40FF-B12A-315A99BC2D7F.jpeg

Sara does not look impressed lol as I wouldn't be.

Feeling like I keep bouncing around....

We ran into Mihaela (The F&B director).  I told her we could live without Rye bread, romaine lettuce and chocolate covered strawberries but the second we are out of limes, the will be a mutiny!!!

If you hear anyone saying we were running out of food...THEY ARE LYING!!!

The "other" french restaurant had plenty to eat!!!

Interesting to note:

Spice H20 - out of limes, out of Bud

O'Sheehans - out of limes, has Bud

Maltings - has limes, out of Bud

Haven - has limes, had Bud

But nowhere could you find Rye bread, romaine lettuce and chocolate covered strawberries.

Edited by Shoppie124
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi- Really enjoying your review and can't wait to see what happens next-lol. I do want to say a couple pages back a wallet with a Citibank credit card is on the table, you can see some of the numbers. I think you should remove that for your security, just in case. I just had my info stolen and it is a pain in the butt. Carry on!

Our last day at Sea....

I wonder if Skipper, Gilligan, MaryAnn, Ginger, the Professor and the Howells would have felt like this (if they knew their trip was almost done)????

You will note, the outdoor furniture is inside... a hint we overstayed our welcome??

IMG_0001.JPEG

IMG_0002.JPEG

IMG_0003.JPEG

IMG_0005.JPEG

IMG_0010.JPEG

IMG_0012.JPEG

IMG_0014.JPEG

IMG_0018.JPEG

IMG_0021.JPEG

IMG_0023.JPEG

3 minutes ago, emm126 said:

Hi- Really enjoying your review and can't wait to see what happens next-lol. I do want to say a couple pages back a wallet with a Citibank credit card is on the table, you can see some of the numbers. I think you should remove that for your security, just in case. I just had my info stolen and it is a pain in the butt. Carry on!

Thanks for the heads up!!!  Funny thing is I can't even read all the numbers anymore on that credit card (I had to memorize them).  I'll double check it..

4 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

Thanks for the heads up!!!  Funny thing is I can't even read all the numbers anymore on that credit card (I had to memorize them).  I'll double check it..

oh maybe you can't see the numbers, I am a little blind lol and didn't really look that hard. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

I forgot to post the communications we received.  NCL needs to do a better job with their communications!!!

Document 1:  It specifically says "If you did not fly into Miami"... Well we didn't fly into Miami, we flew into Ft Lauderdale....  I asked do I fill this in.. I was told yes.. I filled it in.

Document 2 & 3 are front & back of the same page:  "we will cover up to $300 per person in change fees"... hmmm well what about additional airfare???

The Communications person needs to find a new job!

IMG_0123.JPEG

IMG_0125.JPEG

IMG_0126.JPEG

My question was...

Can you explain to me why my daughter in on a different colored ship going the other way????🤣🤣🤣

His response...

A high five and he said -

We were just next to a Disney ship, she probably jumped onto that ship🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0028.PNG

• Haha 3