Premium Plus Wine List

themutis

Interested in upgrading the to Premium Plus package on our upcoming cruise.  I have seen the NCL official flyer, but from reading through the post many have suggested there are other wine but the bottle available at dinner.  My understanding is they have a star next to them on the wine menu.

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the wine menu for the specialty restaurants.  I have tried searching but have not been able to fine them.

Thanks!

There are wines that are starred on the dining room wine lists.  DH and I had the PPB on our recent Epic sailing and loved it!  It wouldn't be worth it for us on every cruise we do, but we'll definitely consider it on future sailings.  For wine, we primarily drank Champagne, Nebbiolo, and a Syrah/Sangiovese blend.  I wish I had a picture for you, but I didn't bother to take one.

I hope you enjoy.

We are considering it as well for our upcoming cruise but it would be $616.40 additional for both of us and honestly the wine list on the flyer is not that great. That's almost $70 additional per day. None of the wine is worth more than $50 a bottle (and most is much less) so we could bring a better bottle and pay the corkage fee and still come out ahead if we have "regular" drinks the rest of the time and have more flexibility to consume it (like on our balcony) and have a variety of wine we know we like. I guess one issue for us is bringing with us in a checked bag to CPH but I am pretty good at wrapping up wine bottles in clothing for safe travel 🙂 . 

Edited by fastpitchdad

4 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

There are wines that are starred on the dining room wine lists.  DH and I had the PPB on our recent Epic sailing and loved it!  It wouldn't be worth it for us on every cruise we do, but we'll definitely consider it on future sailings.  For wine, we primarily drank Champagne, Nebbiolo, and a Syrah/Sangiovese blend.  I wish I had a picture for you, but I didn't bother to take one.

I hope you enjoy.

The only Champagnes they had were Clicquot Yellow Label NV, and Nicolas Feuillate Rose NV, which were both great.  The wines retail for about $50, but on wine lists, they would usually be over $100.  They were supposedly running a special on the Veuve at $99, and $34.95/glass.  Don't remember the Nebbiolo, but the Luce Lucante was a great option for a Super Tuscan.  Rated 91pts, and retails about $35, so I didn't feel cheated.   We did drink a few bottles of Bon Jovi's Dining into Hampton Water Rose, retails for about $24.95, was on the list for $72 or $74.  Don't remember the name, but the Sancerre was tasty, as was the Simi Alexander Valley Cabernet.  We truly enjoyed the PPB, especially since we had a bunch of OBC and only paid about $180 for the two of us.  I am a fine wine distributor in NJ, and am spoiled with the wines I drink, so it made it all the more better!

I understand you can order up to two bottles of wine per dinner- can we do this and take the bottles back to our room?  We enjoy having bottles to drink on the balcony during sailaway, and have usually bought some by Viva Vino package, but maybe this will work too?

23 hours ago, rjm11 said:

I understand you can order up to two bottles of wine per dinner- can we do this and take the bottles back to our room?  We enjoy having bottles to drink on the balcony during sailaway, and have usually bought some by Viva Vino package, but maybe this will work too?

You can have two beverages per transaction meaning per one order. Actually the terms and conditions don't have any restrictions related to how many bottles you can order.