Beverage Package - 3rd Adult in Cabin

PangeanSir

Does anyone know how they handle the situation (and more importantly the cost) where there's a third (adult) person in a cabin. I understand that the "free" beverage package only applies to the 1st and 2nd person in a cabin and also that if someone in a cabin gets the package everyone in a cabin must have the package.  If so, it would be an expensive add on to get something "free" on an upcoming 15 night SA cruise on the Star. From what I can see at $99 USD a night, that would work out as an additional $1750 cost with the automatic grats included. 

I did do a quick search on the topic, but didn't get any relevant results.

P.

1 hour ago, PangeanSir said:

Does anyone know how they handle the situation (and more importantly the cost) where there's a third (adult) person in a cabin. I understand that the "free" beverage package only applies to the 1st and 2nd person in a cabin and also that if someone in a cabin gets the package everyone in a cabin must have the package.  If so, it would be an expensive add on to get something "free" on an upcoming 15 night SA cruise on the Star. From what I can see at $99 USD a night, that would work out as an additional $1750 cost with the automatic grats included. 

I did do a quick search on the topic, but didn't get any relevant results.

P.

Based on the cost of the beverage package you're probably better off just getting an inside cabin with 1 perk rather than fitting 3 people in 1 cabin.

Or you can do what 90% of people do and the 3rd person just gets drinks from the 2 that have the beverage package. Of course if you're smart about it you'll be fine. Technically if you get caught and they report you then you could lose your beverage package but most bartenders don't care just give them a small tip here and there. Of course you'll have people shame you for even thinking it but whatever...almost everyone does it and it's fine. If NCL wouldn't be so greedy and have outrageous prices that are nearly double what every other cruise lines charges then a lot less people would take advantage of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

If passenger 1 and 2 get it as a perk, passenger 3 doesn't have to purchase anything

If passenger 1 and 2 purchase the package, passenger 3 must also purchase it.

Thank you (to you and others that provided the answer so quickly). It does make sense that the 3rd person wouldn't be obligated to purchase something as a result of a "free" promo.

I also heard back from my PCC and she confirmed your interpretation. She suggested that 1st and 2nd persons in the cabin be the "heavier drinkers" (hey, I resemble that remark....) and that the 3rd person be listed as the person who wouldn't be ordering as much.

Thanks again,

P.

22 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Based on the cost of the beverage package you're probably better off just getting an inside cabin with 1 perk rather than fitting 3 people in 1 cabin.

Or you can do what 90% of people do and the 3rd person just gets drinks from the 2 that have the beverage package. Of course if you're smart about it you'll be fine. Technically if you get caught and they report you then you could lose your beverage package but most bartenders don't care just give them a small tip here and there. Of course you'll have people shame you for even thinking it but whatever...almost everyone does it and it's fine. If NCL wouldn't be so greedy and have outrageous prices that are nearly double what every other cruise lines charges then a lot less people would take advantage of them.

NCL be greedy wow this right here is why if ppl would stop stealing sorry I mean sharing what is not to be shared maybe they would not have to charge so much

2nd they might cost more but no go to RCCL or Carnival and get the package as a perk for free ( just the gratuities) 

just saying 

1 hour ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

NCL be greedy wow this right here is why if ppl would stop stealing sorry I mean sharing what is not to be shared maybe they would not have to charge so much

2nd they might cost more but no go to RCCL or Carnival and get the package as a perk for free ( just the gratuities) 

just saying 

First off...it’s kind of difficult to comprehend what you’re trying to say. I would suggest using spell check and adding a coma along the road.

Second, a beverage package on RCCL costs about $400 per person for 1 week and it includes much more than the NCL package. We’re talking a $250 difference which can easily be made up in the difference between fares.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, thanks! I have been really torn between switching from three mini-suites to one 2 bedroom Haven and one penthouse Haven for $5,000 more......which just seems astronomical to me. Now I find out that if I opted to pay $5,000 more for the cabin upgrades, I would then have to tack on another $700 plus for the third person drink package. Just can’t justify it.....as much as I wanted to! We haven’t cruised since 2016, so I guess I’m out of sync with suite pricing.