Empress of the Seas OS....

chill6x6

I'm kinda thinking about this 8-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary out of Miami.  It's a pretty good one.  I've never been to Virgin Gorda.  I guess the Empress is the smallest and oldest ship currently in Royal Caribbeans fleet.  What y'all think about it?  Would you do it? Would get a OS.  I guess the aft ones would be the way to go?  I'd appreciate any info you could give me for those that have been on the Empress.

Thanks!  

I loved the Empress. It's a great ship. The staff are AMAZING! Super friendly and totally on top of their game. There isn't a lot of "other" stuff to do on the ship (water slides, roller skating, etc..) but I found it to be relaxing and enjoyable. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

I'm kinda thinking about this 8-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary out of Miami.  It's a pretty good one.  I've never been to Virgin Gorda.  I guess the Empress is the smallest and oldest ship currently in Royal Caribbeans fleet.  What y'all think about it?  Would you do it? Would get a OS.  I guess the aft ones would be the way to go?  I'd appreciate any info you could give me for those that have been on the Empress.

Thanks!  

Empress is a great little ship with a big heart. We sailed her twice to Cuba in an oceanview cabin because the JS and OS were priced out of sight for that itinerary. I would absolutely  sail on her again, but only in a JS or OS. If you just like to chill it's perfect. I don't think children , especially teens would like it at all.

Virgin Gorda is awesome. Be sure and go to the Baths. If you decide to go on this cruise you will surely enjoy it. Have Fun!

1 hour ago, jmb4534 said:

Empress is a great little ship with a big heart. We sailed her twice to Cuba in an oceanview cabin because the JS and OS were priced out of sight for that itinerary. I would absolutely  sail on her again, but only in a JS or OS. If you just like to chill it's perfect. I don't think children , especially teens would like it at all.

Virgin Gorda is awesome. Be sure and go to the Baths. If you decide to go on this cruise you will surely enjoy it. Have Fun!

Thanks so much for the info!  So far it seems the consensus is that it's a great ship!

They have OS available all the way forward and some all the way aft.  Looking at pictures of course I like some things about the forward OS and some things about the aft OS!  I'm gonna decide by tomorrow.  Only one aft OS remaining!

We had one of the forward suites.  It was different and unique.  I would not do it again.  I love sitting on my balcony relaxing and do wake view often.  The forward facing suite was very windy when at sea and seemed to bake in the sun.  We also had an access door for a public balcony area that seemed to slam way too often.  

I am booked on empress again for next year.  The OS was more than I wanted to spend given we are docked almost the entire trip - otherwise it would have been one of the aft ones

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vavasmom said:

We had one of the forward suites.  It was different and unique.  I would not do it again.  I love sitting on my balcony relaxing and do wake view often.  The forward facing suite was very windy when at sea and seemed to bake in the sun.  We also had an access door for a public balcony area that seemed to slam way too often.  

I am booked on empress again for next year.  The OS was more than I wanted to spend given we are docked almost the entire trip - otherwise it would have been one of the aft ones

Thanks for the info!

So I just booked it.. Booked 9184!

Did Empress for the ports (Havana at the time). didn't love the ship but the cruise wasn't for the ship. Seems like you are in the same boat (pun intended)

She doesn't have the bells and whistles of the new ships and the cabins are incredibly small. If you don't like small spaces you might want to reconsider the Suite.

Enjoy the cruise and the ports you would never get to on one of the "newer and bigger" vessels.

• Like 1