Zenith Embarkation time

tuesday

Any recent cruisers on the Zenith- I will be sailing on 7/31/04 with mom in wheelchair and would love to know how early we can board.
Also, do they give assistance to wheelchair passengers?
Thanks

Hi Tuesday. I am sailing on July 3 and received my documents 2 weeks ago. WIthin the docs. embarkation time is listed as 1PM, however, based on many of the postings on this board, it seems that they begin letting people on earlier than that...probably closer to noon. Remember, the ship is coming in at 8AM from the previous week's cruise so there will be a lot of activity at the pier during the morning....don't getthere too early.

I can only assume that the NYC port is wheelchair accessible with special assistance available very easily. I would thimk that if you arived around 1PM you should be fine. Everyone who has posted reviews has raved about the efficient embarkation process. Enjoy!

jpinct
Thanks for your reply.
We sailed 2 weeks ago on NCL Dawn from NY pier and I am sorry to say the entire port area was total chaos - especially the return.
I'm hoping the Celebrity staff will be able to wheel mom onto the ship - those ramps can be pretty steep - (even tho' she's very petite).
We sailed Zenith last year to Bermuda, and also sailed Horizon 2 years earlier twice.
Love this ship.
NCL had the freestyle dining which was nice because the different dining rooms were small and much quieter - more intimate. But we missed 'bonding' with our servers, and also fellow tablemates. NCL had mostly small tables and you don't get as much chance to meet others at mealtimes.
Thanks for the info - enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi Tuesday! My family is also sailing on the Zenith out of NYC leaving 7/31/04. We registered for the Celebrity Connections, and hope others will join so we can have a free meet and greet. There are 13 of us, so we're half way there! Why not sign up too? Hope to catch up with you on the cruise.

Archived