where is best chocolate in Southern Caribbean?

rabidewok

Warning, this stuff is addicting... :)

Bought a couple of the El Rey dark bars ($3.00 Ea.) at Isla Margarita. I thought I would open the a bar and just have a small chunk (they have small samples at the stall at the pier). Boy was I wrong! I would eat a small chunk and then 10 minutes later I was back pinching off more. I normally don't like dark as much as milk chocolate but this stuff is great! I'd definitely recommend the 70% bars.

We just returned from IM and I bought the chocolate at the market. I wasn't sure which bars to get, so I bought the sample box of 6 bars for $15. These range from white chocolate to 73.5% cocoa. While I cannot say I agree they are the best chocolates in the world, we have had a lot of fun "taste testing" them these past couple of nights. Our favorites are the 58.5% and 61% content. It's most effective to taste these in order to see the difference in cocoa and fat content.

We were in Philipsburg and I saw wonderful chocolate stores.

I wondered, how in the world would I get them back to the ship with out them becoming a melted mess. Needless to say, I skipped the chocolate and went for the jewelry instead.

BTW, the alcohol prices were unbelievably low!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I know that there is a chocolate factory or some kind of chocolate villa that offer tours and demonstrations on the island of Grenada. We didn't go there, but we saw a lot of chocolate on the Mandoo tour that was being sold. I didn't buy any - too much food on the ship, but looked inviting.

Kaye

Mandoo also told us that the chocolate there was the best in the world but no one sold any other then the balls which had the best price at the spice plantation.

Archived