recommendations on what to do in Belize w/3yr old?

momof1cutie

I posted on the Ports of Call board for Belize but I haven't had any responses. My dh will be going cave tubing so my dd and I will be on our own. Is it easy and safe to go to Caye Caulker and spend time on the beach? Any other recommendations?

I hope someone can help you there. I'm sorry I can't. I took my very first cruise when my daughters were 5 and 3 years old.

I left them home with my DM and DD. icon_biggrin.gif

I did miss the little Angels icon_frown.gif...for a minute icon_razz.gif...then I got over it. icon_wink.gif

The only thing I can suggest is LOTS of sunblock for your baby.

I'm sure there must be some cruisers with small children out there who can give you some suggestions!!

Have a great cruise!!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Not sure I can help you much, we were in Belize 3/20 on Legend and there was not alot of options.

We did the Belize Zoo(sanctuary) not too exciting and it was a bit of aways from the port to get to it. Don't be afraid to just stay on board and do the camp carnival things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by halos:

I left them home with my DM and DD. icon_biggrin.gif

I did miss the little Angels icon_frown.gif...for a minute icon_razz.gif...then I got over it. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best advice I've seen here this week. icon_razz.gif

In all seriousity, whatever you do, by all means slather up the little one with some SPF 2000 sunblock. Camp Carnival might could be the best option. I do not recall too many, if any at all, toddler-friendly excursions offered in Belize.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

We plan on doing the Coral Breeze tour (www.coralbreeze.com). Our daughter will be under 2 at that time. There's no cost for her. One of the snorkeling stops you start in shallow water, so she be in a life vest and floaties while one of us stands in the water with her. For the other stop, we'll take turns in the boat with her.

Lisa

Princess 8/97

Celebration 12/00

Celebration 12/01

Jubilee 12/02

Until Elation...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

God Bless you, momofonecutie!! icon_biggrin.gif

Your cutie doesn't know how lucky she is to be going on her first cruise at the age of 3!!

At least she'll enjoy the rocking...much like being back in the womb!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Well I would really feel guilty about leaving her at Camp Carnival. She REALLY wants to go to the beach. Originally we had a family vacation planned for Cancun but switched to a cruise. She is excited about the big boat taking her to the beach. Since Belize is our last stop I want to try a beach. I definately have lots of sunscreen for her, she never goes out without it because she has super-sensitive skin.

guitargirl - will the beach be safe for just dd and I? I want to use the Coral Breeze water taxi. Maybe I should email then and see what they suggest.

There is not really what I would call a traditional in Belize....went to caye caulker with coral breeze and they have beach but not like Cozumel....they have a place to swim called the split here is a web site of caye caulker that might give you more info

http://www.cayecaulker.org/

11/02/03 Carnival Inspiration

03/20/04 Carnival Glory

12/13/04 Carnival Legend

04/17/05 Carnival Spirit

Till the Legend Sails

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Taking the Spirit West Aloha style

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;4;17;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Last year our daughter was 3 when we went to Belize. I booked a ruins tour but hubby didn't so he stayed on the ship with her then put her in Camp while he came off and shopped. There is not much there where the tender takes you so if you wish to take daughter off at Belize I would suggest a tour.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

Best advice I've seen here this week. icon_razz.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well said Tef.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Archived