Dubai April 2 QE2 anyone going?

Marlduffin

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are flying to Dubai on the 1st

tried to go earlier but the cruise line said there was no pre trip arrangements

this trip is really quiet on the Boards all seem to talk about the Queen Mary

Are your friends having a good time?

Any suggestions about the tours offered?

Would appreciate any information

My email address is Marlduffin@aol.com

thanks,

Marlene

There is a whole area with ROLL CALLS for each cruise. To find QM2, you will have to select from the drop down box.

Look down around the middle of this page: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Make sure you have found (and copied) the link to your specific roll call, or start one and then COPY the link so that you can post it when you sign the roll call list. You will notice that VERY FEW of those that are listed for various trips have provided a link.

Yes, we are flying to Dubai on the 1st

My email address is Marlduffin@aol.com

thanks,

Marlene

Watch it! I hear the US is trying to take over running the airport! <G> Just kidding!

I know others said they were flying in a couple of days early and staying here:

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/staying_with_us/

You have to see this place! Push button remote draperies! The place looks like a giant sailboat!

Butler service, all suite, Hermes toiletries, chauffer driven rolls available (extra) , fresh fruits and flowers, jacuzzi bath, pillow menu, Bath menu! (!!!)

Some stayed there last year.

Gee, I'd love to be able to afford this some day! (Heck, I'd love to be able to afford a segment of the world tour!)

And you have to check out Wild Wadi theme / water park- Which is all I can think of every time someone gets on about Dubai Port World. This is not what we in America think of as your typical Arab Country with women in veils and Burkas behind their husbands if allowed out at all!

http://www.wildwadi.com/

Enjoy your trip!

Karie,

who wishes it was going to be her!

Hi Marlene,

I'm surprised you couldn't go earlier as Cunard don't usually mind when they fly you as long as you sort out your own transfers and accommodation. Are you flying from the US or UK? The flight from UK gets in about 7am and boarding isn't until 2pm so I don't know what they will do with us until then.

I was looking at the tours yesterday and will definitely do the Petra tour with the ship. I think Rome is out of the question as it's a 90 minute transfer and Easter Monday. The trip in Dubai around the man made island with tea at the Burj Al Arab would be good but I don't think we'll get there in time. I had afternoon tea there last year and have booked us in for breakfast on the 2nd April as it was the only time we could all make. This hotel is a must see but there is no way you can get in without a reservation. I tend to avoid the ship tours but there are some places that are best done with them.

My 2 friends are having a wonderful time. We all met up on the Canadian crossing last year.

Only 3 weeks to go,

Julia

Archived