Waterfront Balcony BX Cabins Joy? (or Bliss)

marktwothousand

If you look on the deck plan of your ship for your room it will give you a hint as to how the room is set up. The deeper part of the room will be the bed location and the skinny part will be where the couch and counter space will be. the closet is always by the bathroom. On the Bliss I was on deck 10, I could look down onto the waterfront. If I remember correctly the seating area was under the ship/balconies above and only the deck was out in the open. I was also above the Food Republic and cold look down on the people dining inside. Hope this helps answer you questions.

Edited by duck_keeper

53 minutes ago, duck_keeper said:

If you look on the deck plan of your ship for your room it will give you a hint as to how the room is set up. The deeper part of the room will be the bed location and the skinny part will be where the couch and counter space will be.

The deckplan for Joy doesn't show the stateroom indent. You cannot tell which half of the room is deeper than the other half. The actual stateroom is shaped as you describe but the deckplan shows a rectangle.

8 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The deckplan for Joy doesn't show the stateroom indent. You cannot tell which half of the room is deeper than the other half. The actual stateroom is shaped as you describe but the deckplan shows a rectangle.

Exactly. 

what I can say, is that I ended up with a connecting room with an arrow indicating it connects near the balcony side. Given that there’s a connecting door nearer to the balcony window, I’m wondering if it’s safe to assume the bed will be closer to the bathroom in these cases. 

45 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

what I can say, is that I ended up with a connecting room with an arrow indicating it connects near the balcony side

The connecting door is near the stateroom door. The bed location can be either configuration. For example, if a sleeps 3 connects to a sleeps 4, the bed configuration will likely alternate (sleeps 4 will be bed near balcony) but the connecting door will be near the front door in both staterooms.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

wow I know I saw the deck plans had those indents in them not to far back...hmm I know it's somewhere I had seen when I was doing a mock booking. It might be that they have changed the deck images since I last looked. now it is going to bother me to no end to see if I saw them on NCL.com or CostcoTravel.com. Anyway sorry for the outdated info guys.

11 minutes ago, duck_keeper said:

wow I know I saw the deck plans had those indents in them not to far back...hmm I know it's somewhere I had seen when I was doing a mock booking. It might be that they have changed the deck images since I last looked.

Some ships have deckplans that show the indent, some don't.

The BA Plus ships (Escape, Joy, Bliss, Encore) don't.

Breakaway, Getaway, Epic show the indent, for ex. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I just figured it out the getaway and breakaway have the angled room layouts. Maybe check those to see if it has your stateroom shown in the configuration you like.

ETA: haha 2 wheels we figured it out around the same time.

Edited by duck_keeper

Here's a special question specific to the Joy...

Would a BX assignment potentially result in a Concierge inside with virtual window? Is that considered a lateral assignment or would BX's only get balcony/mini-suite/concierge balcony or above.

We just made another tweak to the booking and they put us back into the BX pool, and told us we could end up with a BX or above, but I forgot to ask if that included concierge insides. I highly doubt it, but who knows.

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Would a BX assignment potentially result in a Concierge inside with virtual window? Is that considered a lateral assignment or would BX's only get balcony/mini-suite/concierge balcony or above.

Although it is unlikely, you could end up in a Concierge interior (CF) but that would be a larger stateroom and would have a higher DSC if you haven't pre-paid it. Those would fall into the "...or better" part of the BX guarantee.