Just married on RCI Legend of the Seas

LOSWedding

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick review of our wedding on Legend of the Seas on January 16th. We used Royal Romance and had a shipboard 'duet' wedding, with hors d'oeuvres. We were a group of 37 and overall had a great week and wedding.

I have heard some awful stories, so I was ready for whatever came our way, but to be honest it went off without any real problems. The coordinators were great, and accommodated any special requests we had. We opted out of paying extra for a cake (duet only comes with cake for 2), but they gave us one anyway. They even served the leftover cake at dinner to all of our guests. The bouquet was beautiful.

Some small complaints and advice to future RCI brides...

1) See if the wait staff will bring a tray of drinks right from the start of the reception. We couldn't start speeches until half way through the reception. (also...the bride and groom were the last to be served...)

2) The photographer was willing to meet up after the reception for pictures, so that it didn't eat into our hour.

3) Bingo was scheduled immediatly following our reception..unavoidable, but it did put a bit of a damper on the wedding. Someone said the bingo ladies were actually eating our cake!

Anyway...just minor things. Hope you are all doing well with your wedding planning. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Hello,

I am getting married on the Legend on 3/18. You don't know how happy I was to read your post!! I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, as well. However, RCI has been great so far. We are having the exact same package as you did, however, we will only have 16 people thus far. Did you get your hair done on the ship? Any other advice that you could give? Also, where did you end up getting married? We have requested to get married in the Crown Anchor Lounge on the top of the ship. . .good idea? Thanks for any other advice that you can offer. And congratulations!! Lori

I thought I was the only one getting married on Legend! My wedding date is February 25th! I'm so happy to hear you had a good experience with Royal Romance because I was getting worried, however I will still keep an open mind in case something unexpected comes our way. I would love to see your pictures if you put any on the web.

Congratulations!

Thanks...I was nervous too, believe me. But as long as you are able to laugh about the things that don't go perfectly you will enjoy your wedding. Ours was in Anchor's Aweigh lounge.

The wedding coordinator called about a month prior to the wedding to go over the details. Anchor's Aweigh lounge is aqua and peach...like I said you need to be able to laugh at the little things (and possibly have a good photo editor!). There is a green green green curtain in the background of many of our pictures...it looks a bit like a game show. You may want to have the photographer aim you in a different direction. Or like you said, request another room. The photographer was really great. The photo packages range from $500 to $800 though, so we just bought 20 of our favourites for $6.95 each. We were not pressured at all to go for the packages. I will send a link to our website once we have it ready.

I had my hair done in the salon, and she did a fantastic job. I have very curly hair, and just wanted to wear it straight without any product holding it down. She knew exactly what I meant. I was so releived that it turned out the way I wanted. They have a lot of experience with Brides (and bridezillas). Also, the salon is on the top deck, so you sit there looking out at the ocean while being pampered. Well worth the $50 alone. It was a nice opportunity to stop, reflect and enjoy the day with my Mom and Sister.

Ok, I've rambled long enough for today.

Enjoy your planning you two, and let me know if you have any other questions.

I'll try to get the pictures up today.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived