Can't get a reply from Nativeway

Kim&Chris

I finally made up my mind to go with Nativeway :p

I've emailed them several times with no reply. What am I doing wrong? In each email I include my name, the date I'd like, and the excursion I want.

Any suggestions? If I don't hear from them soon, I'll have to choose another company (and I really don't want to do that based on all the great feedback about Nativeway).

Are you sending your e-mails to nativway@candw.ky ? I just e-mailed them last week about reservations in April and Sharon replied the very next day.We had toured with them in the past and really are excited about going back again,they are great! Try again, the weather sometimes plays a little havoc on their communications.:) Jaxson

Could your spam filters be blocking their reply? Sometimes they do have trouble with email at their end so it never hurts to email again. It often takes a day or two sometimes more for reply.

Or perhaps just call them? I use a phone card when I call other countries just to make sure I know what the max damages are. Last time I called Natveway, think it was about 28 cents/minute on whatever card I used. Unless you have a zillion questions the whole thing should take less than 5 minutes.

If you call from your normal long distance carrier, check first to see how much they charge - some of them are real bandits.

Give them time.

I know in the past the communication has been lagging due to past hurricane damage. You can always give them a call if you are very close to sailing date.

Like others have said....it's worth the wait for the email, they are great! Just be sure to bring their phone number with you in case you have trouble finding them at the tender dock.

And a word of advice buy the DVD they sell of the day. I am kinda cheap when it comes to stuff like that but it was WELL worth the $50. My daughter watched it about 30 times when it came in the mail. (And she didn't even go on the cruise!)

I emailed them to book a tour last Sat night at 10 pm and had my reservation confirmation the next day at 6:45 pm. This is the phone# I have for them: (345) 916-5027 and this is the fax: 1-345-946-8660.

I, too, used them last year for the Stingray City/Coral Gardens tour with my 2 teen kids and were very happy with their service. I am taking my mom this year and we are doing the "Rays, Reef and Rum Point" tour. Can't wait!

14 weeks and counting down........

Kim & Chris,

I was wondering, when will you be in Grand Cayman? Maybe if it is real soon, Native Way might be booked up for the tour you want. Even so, can't imagine Sharon at least not letting you know that.

Let us know if you hear from them.

Update: Because I have no patience whatsoever, I called Nativeway this morning around 10 am EST. A woman picked up the phone (I'm guessing it was Sharon??) and I did my reservation over the phone. She sounded harried and overwhelmed, so I'm guessing they are BUSY. In fact, it sounded like she dropped the phone twice :rolleyes:

She promised an email confirmation today by 5pm, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also gave her an (800) number where she can call me in the event she has questions.

Keeping my fingers crossed...........

Anyone know Nativeways policies on missed tours due to your cruise ship possibly skipping Cayman? Bad weather? Tender issues?

I can't find it on their website, and haven't been able to get through to them yet, so once I'm in contact with them, I just want to be at the point where I can already be decided and just get the reservation made.

(We sail this coming Sunday!...my own fault for procrastinating, but does anyone know if you can just walk off the ship and get on one of their tours without pre-booking?)

This is the confirmation I received from them in November:

Pleasant Greetings from Grand Cayman!

I have reserved 2 spaces for you on our November 14, "Rays, Reef, and

Rum Point" excursion. The reservation # is 5SA. The price is $55 USD per

person. Please fax your credit card number to guarantee your arrival. Our

secure fax number is (345) 946-8660. Your credit card will not be charged

for the tour, just used to insure that you will show up. You will pay on our

tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover

only. We do NOT accept American Express credit cards.

The tour departs the pier at 10:30 AM Eastern Time and completes around

3:45 PM Eastern Time. We ask that you check in no later than 10:15 AM

Eastern Time. When you come ashore, look for the person carrying the sign

that says Native Way Watersports. You may also ask

for us at the information booth at the cruise ship terminal.

We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the

Rays, and complimentary punch and bottled water. At Rum Point, you will be

given a nice grilled lunch. After the tour, you will have two options for

drop off: back to the pier, or, at 7-mile beach (where you can taxi back to

the pier at any time for $4 per person).

We ask that you provide at least 72 hours advance notice to cancel. If

our ship is unable to dock in Grand Cayman, we will automatically cancel

your reservation, at no cost to you.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I look forward to seeing

you in Grand Cayman on November 14!

Sharon Ebanks

P.S. We are definitely taking this tour out. No more than 25 will be on

the tour.

This is interesting. I finally got an e-mail response tonight from Nativeway. They said they don't have that tour available on March 27. The e-mail went on to say I could book with the ship and still go with them (Nativeway.) She said it would cost more but would be worth it because we would get to spend extra time at Rum Point. Soooo...apparently they are who Celebrity uses.:confused: Now I really don't know what to do.

Apparently they are contracted by Celebrity when the ship is in port. Same thing happens in Ocho Rios, Jamaica with the Cool Runnings tour and the zipline tour with Carnival ships. I say book it thru the cruiseline. It may be more $ but probably still worth it. We did that with the Cool Runnings last year on our cruise. The year before we were at a resort and didn't have to pay as much for the Cool Runnings tour to Dunn's River Falls. But if that is the only choice...? Or book thru another operator. Marvin or Soto's or?

Anyone else's thoughts?

Archived