Fascination Review 9/22/19-9/29/19

soonernstlouis

15 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

Dominica was a replacement stop on our cruise since St Thomas had bad weather.  I know they were badly affected by Maria 2 years ago & have had a harder time recovering than Puerto Rico.  So I would not discourage visiting there, just research & find a good tour (lots of rivers which are rare for a small island) if you go.

I am well aware of the immense difficulties that the people of Dominica have had to endure not only due to hurricane Maria, but also due to heavy rains from other storms that have hit the island since then and my heart truly goes out to them. My lack of interest in Dominica (other than visiting Champagne Beach) comes from first hand accounts of friends, family and other people I have met where I work and their experiences there. I work in a hotel and deal with cruise passengers coming or going all the time and love to exchange stories here and there. I have nothing against the people of Dominica or the island. But the same way sailing to Nassau in the Bahamas doesn't really appeal to me, Dominica and Antigua (went once, did a tour, don't really feel like doing another) are stops where I could just stay on the ship. This is just my opinion and in no way am I bashing anyone else's. Just like everything in life, I might like something that someone else dislikes and that's OK.

On a lighter note, I want to thank you again for doing your review. I just relieved part of what I experienced when I did this (well similar...) itinerary on the Fascination a few years back. Although my next cruise will be on the Epic out of SJ (and will only be repeating St. Kitts and St. Lucia), I can't wait to get back to places like the Boatyard and St. Martin again on the Fascination (yes I loved the smaller, less crowded fell of the ship).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a thank you for your time, I've been on this cruise 8 times in the past.The last time was 11 years ago and I Got married on it cruise 2008, it was great. The ship was the Destiny, now divorced for 5 years ..LOL.. I'm taking my myself and my 2 boys 11 and 8 this Thanksgiving week 2019. So it was a refreshing to get a little new info ahead of time.

• 1 month later...