Buying drinks and getting carded?

Dr. Octagon

I'll be on the Glory in May. I'm 24, but I think I look about 18. Am I going to have to carry my ID all over the place when I want to drink or does something like my pic and dob pop up when I give my sail and sign card? Thanks.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Glory 5/22 - Western

Plan on it for a while but if you frequent the same bars with the same servers and bartenders they'll know you by sight soon enough and remember that although you may not look it that you are of age.

Same with the security people, they pay attention.

Wait about five more years and you'll be begging to be carded, enjoy it while it lasts

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

my 2 sons never carried ID unless in port....the sail and sign tells all....complete w/ pic....

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

LDL - read the post again - he's 24 but looks young!! Are you nursing a foo foo?icon_biggrin.gif

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

my kids were 24 and 20...both look young. The younger PASSED with brothers sail and sign...$3000 worth between them, but that's another story LOL.....The sail n sign tells all, trust me icon_smile.gif

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LDL - read the post again - he's 24 but looks young!! Are you nursing a foo foo?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO, I'm not 'nursing a foo foo'! (wish i WAS, though, with 2 and a wake up left! icon_biggrin.gif)

I didn't see where the young adult was asking 'IN PORT', so I assumed 'ON SHIP', in which case S&S would tell all, or so I heard (I don't "do" minors, so I don't have first hand knowledge!)

icon_biggrin.gif LIV2: You know I love you, not arguing at ALL here!

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CruisingIsLife:

Wait about five more years and you'll be begging to be carded, enjoy it while it lasts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep waiting for this day, and I'm going to be 34 this year. Drives me insane. (Granted, it's a short drive...icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif)

Namaste,

Heather

Sailing on the Triumph ~ 9/18/04 - Roll Call

pleasedontstealmethanks.gif

My husband and I are both 22 years old and were told that our sail and sign cards would reflect that we were of legal drinking age. The only time we had a problem was on the Lido Deck at the pool bars. He was carded several times out there and had to go back to the room but I never had a problem. (Maybe being married to him for 2 years has made me look older than I am!!!!) I would carry it just in case, it's easier than going back to the cabin to get it!

Paradise 3/04

They will flag all underaged cruisers. We watched at the bar on several occasions minors trying to buy drinks and when they scanned the card, it flashed UNDER 21 do not sell!

If you are concerned, find a GREAT bartender, show your picture ID to him and keep going back to the same bar. You will be surprised how many of them will remember your name and folio number after just a couple drinks! I know it's almost impossible to use the same bar with the size of the ship, but it's a suggestion.

Just go and have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Sensation 9/98 10th anniv.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Destiny 9/01 The week of 911

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Zuiderdam 9/6/03 - 15th anniv.

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

Happiness is being on a cruise

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend Here We Come 11/27

Archived