Switching rooms/cheers

rbennett1991

Hello all,

I’ve been doing a lot of research and can’t find an answer to my exact situation.

we have a cruise booked with 7 people and a person who is wanting to join to total 8 people. Originally 4 wanted Cheers and 3 did not so we booked people accordingly and one person would switch rooms once on board.

My question now is the 8th person joining would be added into the room with only 3 people Without cheers making it 4 (Both Interior Rooms). Said person wants cheers and the other 3 still do not. Is it possible because one person would be changing rooms on board to have him added, then once on board switch one person who already purchased cheers into the non-cheers room to be with a family member and the 8th person we added switched into the room with all the cheers packages and then have him buy cheers on board?

yes I’m aware that he will end up paying more for the package but in this scenario it wouldn’t matter. FYI there is no drink sharing or anything, just a 5th person who wants cheers and 3 who don’t want to drink.

Thanks in advance, I read plenty of threads on switching rooms with people once on board and know it’s possible To switch and cheers will follow said person Without requiring the people in the new room to buy cheers, just want to make sure after the switch the 8th person can buy cheers on board since he’ll at that point be in the room with people who have cheers. Anyone have a one off situation like this? Last minute add on making conplications haha.

The only possible option is to book the 8th person in the room with the existing 4 (5 berths are available on some inside staterooms).  The manifest is set prior to sailing.  The "switching" rooms is only for key card access to another room other than the one you booked on.  So the "switching" rooms could take place after sailing, but each person will still be recorded for the original stateroom, meaning any attempt for the Non-Cheers cabin occupants to purchase Cheers will only be granted if all occupants over the age of 21 purchase it.