Transatlantic Cruises 2005

SUZCRUZ

Nobody knows, least of all customer service. People have posted that they were told firmly that the itineraries would be out by the end of May (didn't happen), first week in June (didn't happen), June 18th (we'll see) and I was told this morning that it "should be out within two weeks".

Here is a little information to give you some ideas of which ships are going from/to/when, but remember that this is an observation based on posted Carib and Med/Eur cruises, not based on any insider knowledge.

Millennium - last Carib cruise ends May 1 in Ft Lauderdale; first Med cruise leaves Barcelona May 15.

I'd bet the transatlantic is 14 days from Ft L to Barcelona May 1 - 15.

Constellation - last Carib cruise ends Apr 23 in San Juan; first Eur cruise leaves Dover May 7.

This one is probably 14 days SJ to Dover Apr 23 - May 7.

For both of these a good guess for itineraries can be made by looking at the 2004 eastbound brochure.

Galaxy - Last Carib cruise ends May 7 in Galveston; first Med cruise leaves CivitavecchiaMay 23.

This looks like a 16 day cruise Galveston to Rome May 7 - 23.

For the Galaxy, the itinerary will not match 2004 because that was Baltimore to Rome (Civitavecchia).

Again, these are just observations, but I am really interested because we want to take the Millennium.

Bob

You're welcome.

We're on the Galaxy westbound this year. Reserved the Millie, but they moved the date back 2 weeks after we booked it and that was to close to Thanksgiving for us. It gets to Ft Lauderdale the 21st of November and we already have travel plans for Thanksgiving.

We are using the return portion of our airline tickets to come back after whatever eastbound we take to Barcelona. I just confirmed it for May 16th (with freqent flyer tickets you have to do it really early). That's perfect for the Millennium and would give us from 2 - 4 days in Barcelona with the Brilliance or Splendour.

It boggles my mind that they are having so much trouble getting the itinerary done. Other cruise lines have theirs out. Plus, they know the departure and arrival dates, and there aren't that many ports involved. It's all a conspiracy to frustrate me. icon_eek.gif

Well, by perfect, I mean that the first Med cruise leaves Barcelona Sunday, May 15 and I'm pretty sure that's when the ship arrives from Florida. So we get off on Sunday and spend a day in Barcelona before flying home. If I am off by one day, we either get no days in Barcelona or we get two.

Now if they do to us next year what they did this year, I'm dead meat. We were on the Millie 10/24 transatlantic. Booked it in July of last year. In October, they changed the 10/24 departure to a 14-day r/t out of Barcelona and moved the T/A to 11/7.

Admittedly, I am using some logic here and that may get me in trouble as Celebrity has shown it can definitely be illogical at times. But I was pretty well forced into taking the chance or probably missing out on any decent flights.

Time will tell.

Bob

Archived