How much $$$ on deposit

coachwardog

taking first cruise in July on Holiday. Taking family and kids - ages 17,15,8. We do not use credit cards, will put down cash for sign and sail cards, wondering how much I will need to put down. We are prepaying tips.

thanks

coach P

You usually but $200 per person or $500 per cabin. Just make sure if you don't want the kids charging stuff, you block their cards!!!!!

Have fun on your cruise and know that you will be hooked after this, so you will have all the answers next time.:)

The best advice I could give you would be to call Carnival. DH and I always use cash as well and for our first cruise we were told we would need something like $250/pp and then when we got there that wasn't true because we combined our "accounts" and only had one. I think we just needed enough to cover our tips if I'm not mistaken (that is what they told us once we got on the boat). Then we have always done the same thing since then. We always just work our our budget and put that amount on the sail and sign cards and nothing extra. Most of the time we don't spend all of our "budgeted" amount and Carnival ends up cutting us a check (which we cash at the info desk) for the remainder. One year it was only like $12 or something buy hey, at least we didn't go over!

Archived