Drink Package Pricing up after New Year

It appears there’s a relatively large increase in drink package pricing after the new year.  Our Dec sailing has the Deluxe Drink Package at $48 (with their ‘BOGO 50% off’), which is consistent with what we paid on our cruise earlier in the year.  However,  our March sailing has the package at $61 (also with the alleged ‘BOGO 50% off’).  Does this pricing jive with what others are seeing?  If this is the case, would assume individual drink prices would be going up as well.

• Clarea changed the title to Drink Package Pricing up after New Year

My cruise planner is also showing this increase. Except that I am paying $52 for the deluxe beverage package on the Harmony Thanksgiving cruise versus $61 on a spring break cruise on Symphony.

And I bought my son a refreshment package on Harmony for $20 versus $22 on Symphony next March. 

When we first booked Ovation spring 2018 for an April 2019 cruise the drink packages were $70, we ended up paying $49 on Black Friday and it bounced between $52 and $54 when we go close to the sailing. 

Currently our Allure October 2020 sailing is $60 a day. We aren't likely to buy a drink package at any price this sailing, since we have a lot of days in port, but I'll keep an eye on it.

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Hmmm.  Seems to be a magical formula derived from some factors including date,  demand, ship, itinerary, and a dart board. 

Don't forget the mainstay of Royal's customer service reps - the Magic 8-Ball.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Don't forget the mainstay of Royal's customer service reps - the Magic 8-Ball.

I have to ask, what is the "Magic 8-Ball"? I'm fairly new to Royal with only 1 cruse this past Sept on HOTS, but I do have an 8 night "ABC Islands" cruise coming up late April and have been watching pricing for the deluxe drink package.

Edited by bitofun
typo

26 minutes ago, bitofun said:

I have to ask, what is the "Magic 8-Ball"? I'm fairly new to Royal with only 1 cruse this past Sept on HOTS, but I do have an 8 night "ABC Islands" cruise coming up late April and have been watching pricing for the deluxe drink package.

8ball1.gif

27 minutes ago, bitofun said:

😊

Call them on two different occasions with the same question and then report your findings here.