MSC Seaside tv input options?

Toby NZ

Hi,

We are on the Seaside (YC inside if cabin type  makes a difference) for 20 days from the 16th of November..  Does anyone know if you can plug any inputs into the TV to be able to watch downloaded content ....like a chrome cast, an avg cable or a usb harddrive.

Has anyone done this or know if/what inputs are possible?

Thanks in advance...and sorry if this info is already somewhere....i've looked for ages.

Cheers

Toby

I was able to access the HDMI port on the Seaside in YC last December. I don’t remember if I had to push the physical input button on the tv itself or if was a menu option on the remote. Anything requiring WiFi like Chromecast may be problematic. Stick with HDMI and you should be good to go!

7 hours ago, Toby NZ said:

Hi,

We are on the Seaside (YC inside if cabin type  makes a difference) for 20 days from the 16th of November..  Does anyone know if you can plug any inputs into the TV to be able to watch downloaded content ....like a chrome cast, an avg cable or a usb harddrive.

Has anyone done this or know if/what inputs are possible?

Thanks in advance...and sorry if this info is already somewhere....i've looked for ages.

Cheers

Toby

With the Chromecast, make sure you actually can stream the downloaded content before you go.  Those devices are built to purely stream from internet services and I haven't had much luck streaming downloaded content outside of using the buggy 'cast screen' option from Chrome and streaming the downloaded content there.  So even if you set up your phone as a wifi hotspot, to connect the laptop and tv, you'll still have a bit of trouble getting it to work.

I've had much better luck with the HDMI to VGA/Displayport adapter and just hooking the laptop (or HDMI to USB/USB-C in the case of a phone or tablet) and running the downloaded content through there.  It just turns the TV into another monitor.

Per this comment from last year, there is an HDMI port to the TV that you can use in this fashion.  I highly suggest going this route.

Edited by Beardface