Onboard credit

envy4u

Gratuties form part of the crew salaries. They get base + incentives. Incentives is basically tips and gratuities and for KPI. The OBC is money as far as you are concerned. But its not money in crew pocket. I guess Costa like you to spend that $100 so to them the cost isn't actually $100 its more like $40 marked up to $100.

Sadly they even do this with crew. Crew get paid in arrears on 10th of month. So that week you'll see they are happiest. They have two cards. The crew pass  (same as your passenger pass) used for all onboard spending. And they have ocean pay for another portion of salary. Also they have the mandatory allottee where money is sent home. 

The crew pass is used for internet at 0.07euro/min and for pizza nights. Of course there is a mafia on board and you might get free internet and free food. But Costa are smart. The will have monthly crew sales in the hope of getting back some or all of the slarry they just gave you. You get nice watched for 30% off. Fragrances. Modelino. Thiose king of things. Yes its a choice but its very smart for costa to exchange $300 salary for $300 watch which probably even with the discount is only costing Costa $150.

Very sad that staff is treated so poorly. We always tip extra to cabin steward and waiter when they have gone above and beyond..... doesn’t take much. We always go to one or two specialty restaurant so not worried about spending the 100.00 I was just curious if we could. I know Princess does not care.