Regal opening between balconies E701 & E703

GottaLuvCruising

March 2019 we took granddaughters on the Regal in a minisuite.  It was wonderful.  BUT we spent a lot of time waiting for bathroom / shower availability.  SO...for March 2020, I have been watching and am currently holding two connecting / adjoining staterooms.  I know there is a door between the two rooms - absolutely brilliant!  

However, one stateroom is obstructed view balcony E701 and the other is a regular balcony E703.  How can I determine with absolute certainty that the panel between the balconies can be opened.  We would like to lock the balcony door on the girls' (ages 7 & 10) stateroom, so everyone has balcony access only from our stateroom.  (An adult is lead guest in each booking, but we'll have a queen bed in ours and two twins in theirs.)

Does anyone know if the panel between these two balconies can be opened?  1892938808_2019-10-20(1).thumb.png.2415f262aa6f640b3cf7ee67886f2409.png 

In my experience the only time you can't open the balcony doors between the cabins is when there is a fire wall between them you can tell this by looking at the ship diagram and seeing the diagram of a door in the hallway and the jump in the cabin numbers like between E125 and E201 and between E335 and E401.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

In my experience the only time you can't open the balcony doors between the cabins is when there is a fire wall between them you can tell this by looking at the ship diagram and seeing the diagram of a door in the hallway and the jump in the cabin numbers like between E125 and E201 and between E335 and E401.  

That's reassuring.  Thank you.  

I will call Princess to confirm, but I know from experience that I have cruised more than most of their agents and some will just give an answer to get you off the phone rather than ensure it is a correct answer.  I do expect fellow CC members often know more than them.  

Princess did confirm that, although one balcony is obstructed and the other is not, the panel between the two CAN be opened.  So this morning I booked these two staterooms for our granddaughters' spring break.  It's almost $1K more than a mini-suite, but two bathrooms, privacy for dressy and twice the balcony space is worth it to us.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising