Disney world and cruise

chmusar

We have done disney for a few days then a cruise out of Canaveral before. Definitely the right order, you'll need the rest after Disney! We drove though but very easy. I'm sure there are car services you can schedule, or uber.

we are doing something similar next year as been to Disney twice before.

we are starting with a cruise out of fort Lauderdale, then hiring a car to get us to

Orlando for the Disney part before flying home. 

I don't see why it can't be done the other way round, have fun looking for the right combo for you,

Jules 

Did this a half dozen times when our children were young.  Always did cruise first (usually from MIA or FLL) as dw wanted their clothes neat and fresh aboard ship.  After cruise rented a car and drove to Orlando.  Once at hotel dw and I did laundry while kids went in pool.    

I live in south Florida only 2 hours from disney world. I highly suggest you do the parks first. THe parks are crazy busy, and exhausting. You will want a vacation after disney. Port canaveral is only a 45 minute drive from parks. The beautiful royal Harmony goes out of that port. You can always rent a car and go out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami too.  Only 3 hours to ft lauderdale and 3 1/2-4 hours to Miami. Very easy drive on Florida turnpike

We are from the UK. 3 years ago we joined our kids and grandkids in Disneyworld for a week then picked up a TA back to Europe from Port Canaveral. Perfect holiday, crazy fun 7 days in the parks with the family, relaxing 14 nights on board to recover 😊

51 minutes ago, Bestbubba said:

We are from the UK. 3 years ago we joined our kids and grandkids in Disneyworld for a week then picked up a TA back to Europe from Port Canaveral. Perfect holiday, crazy fun 7 days in the parks with the family, relaxing 14 nights on board to recover 😊

That sounds exactly what i would like to do ,did you end up back in Southampton?

We are very regular Disney goers from MA and have also gone on a few cruises.  

In April we are doing a short 5 night Disney stay for Star Wars race weekend and then heading to Miami for a 4 night cruise on navigator! 

Last April - my daughter and I did 2 days in disney before our 1 week symphony cruise. 

I highly recommend the parks before the cruise if the crowds / holidays make that make sense - the cruise will allow for a nice recovery time! 

Its about a 4 hour drive from Disney to Miami on a Saturday without stops if that helps!! 

Just now, chmusar said:

That sounds exactly what i would like to do ,did you end up back in Southampton?

No, Barcelona, so just a short flight home. Mind you, Southampton would have been perfect, if only because of all the shopping I'd done in Florida!! Seriously if you can plan your trip to coincide with a TA home, so springtime, it really does make for a great holiday. As others have said, even if the cruise departs from Miami or Fort Lauderdale, it's still very doable. 

Enjoy the planning! 

Sue