Costa Magica 2021 Transatlantic cancelled

marsworth75

So for the second time in the last couple of months Costa has cancelled a Transatlantic cruise we were booked on.

First it was the Luminosa sailing from Gaudaloupe to Venice and now they are cancelling the Magica sailing from Gudalaoupe to Savona. Both in March of 2021

We were booked on the Luminosa and scrambled to get the cabin category we wanted on the Magica. This morning after trying to check the booking online and then placing a call to Costa USA we were told that there are "massive" changes to the itinerary (it appears to have gone from a transatlantic to a 7 day Caribbean cruise) and they are not sure what will be available as they, Costa USA, had just found out about it and had no guidance from the home office in Italy.

It's getting to be a little frustrating, to say the least.

Does anyone have any other info on this situation

Edited by marsworth75

With new ships coming on line and old ships being sold. Then things like 3 ships being based in brazil to capture an emerging market. The Brazil thing is what go Luminosa I think. Its hard to plan that far out but if the itinerary still exists they will opffer you the same cruise on the ship that gets swapped out. I'd just wait and hear what alternatives they offer you. But I think Magica will do Caribbean.