Breezes or Sandals day pass

lg rover

We are sailing in March 2006 on the Zuiderdam. We will be in port from 1-8pm.

I am wondering about day passes to Breezes or Sandals, which is better, what is the price. Which is better location, better food, drinks,fun things to do. Thanks Lindy

I will be staying at Breezes Feb 11-17 and I do know this: The day pass is $60, but you can get a $5 off coupon at the pier. $55 includes all you can drink, eat, pools, water toys, trampoline, rock wall, entertainment, gym and more.

I believe Sandals is around $110 for the day if I am not mistaken

I called Breezes Bahamas directly a few weeks ago to ask about the day passes. (We have a group of 10 couples going in August on Soverign.) She said the passes are available at the front desk and there is no limit on how many can be purchased per day.

Said the cheapest way to get there is to catch the bus (only $1).

Hope it helps!

Michele

Thanks so much for the info. It seems like a good idea, especially when you compare with other excursions. I went to trip advisor.com to read about breezes. The only thing I worry about is we will be there during spring break and I guess it gets a bit crazy with all the college kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did a day pass on Friday, 2/17. Our time there was supposed to be from 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm. By the time the tour people got their act together we didn't arrive until 2:30 pm and we're told the bus leaves promptly at 5:30 pm. So now we are down to only 3 hours, some guests even arrived later due to the slowness of the transportation from the ship. Then we had to wait in line for a wrist band and go through an orientation, another 1/2 hour gone by. So now we are down to 2 1/2 hours left. Then come to find out, they had already stopped serving lunch so we did not get the buffet we were promised! So are big choices were a burger or hotdog from the outside grill. The place itself was small, the only activity they had going was a volley ball game, the beach area was small as well and the water was full of seaweed, hence, no one went in the water. The bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side and the staff was scarce if you had a question. We didn't stay and trying to get back to the ship was a nightmare. I would never vacation in the Bahamas that is for sure! My advice, save your money and forgot the day pass at Breezes!

we did a day pass here last April, but did not do it through the cruiseline. We took the #10 bus ( it stops right across the street from Breezes ), and used a coupon in one of the booklets in the tourist information building to save 10.00 per couple. They had just finished serving breakfast, but we enjoyed a great lunch, plenty of drinks, and took the bus back late in the day.

We just came home from a wonderful week at Breezes and met many cruiseship passenger throughout the week that just loved the place. There was so much to do and the outdoor grill had some fabulous Jerk chicken, conch fritters, Greek salad with crab and more.....

Sorry the above poster missed the buffet because that also was extremely adequate for the week. We left Breezes at 1pm that day :(

Every morning around 6-7 am the seaweed was cleaned from the beach and water. Bathrooms were cleaned hourly and the staff was the friendliest I have ever met.

There is so much to do and see in Nassau and our group of 39 (most all recent cruisers) loved it here and are ready to go back. I have a ton of information on Nassau if anyone is interested. ceceliajean1@yahoo.com

We spent a week at the Sandals Royal Bahamian a few years back. It was fantastic. I agree, take the bus and it lets you out right there at the resort. I don't know the price but it would probably be worth it. Salt water and fresh water pools, swim up pool bar, beautiful beach, private island just a boat ride away, catamarans, great food, etc. I would definitely recommend Sandals. We absolutely loved it!!

Archived