Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and WiFi

pivibird

My husband wears a CGM-specificities Dexcom to manage his diabetes.  It communicates with his cellphone and mine via WiFi.   Does anyone know if Princess will provide a WiFi package to allow him to use this device on our cruise?

Princess won't provide for free, but you can purchase a wifi package.

But I think it is actually a bluetooth connection with his phone, not wifi and does not require internet access for him. For it to show on your phone, it probably requires internet.

My husband also wears one, and I can check with him in the morning and get back to you, as we have cruised a few times since he started on first the G5, and now the G6. He took me off his family monitoring after I called him in the middle of the night for a low that he had not appeared to treat after about an hour. (I work nights, and kept getting alerts. He was ignoring the alerts, as felt they were not too low)

Thank you.   I think you are correct about Bluetooth for him and WiFi for me.   Stubborn husband-taking you off his list.  I’ve called mine from work before too for a low that he didn’t treat.  I do t think they realize that it’s unsettling to see from a distance