How far from Miami is Fort Lauderdale??

weazie

We are on the Enchantment of the Seas on March 27. Our plane lands in Miami at 12:56 p.m. How long will it take to get to the ship? Will we be pushing it, or will we have time to relax and enjoy a beverage before the muster drill?

Also, our return flight doesn't leave until 3:30 on April 1st. Is there anything we could do in Miami or Fort Lauderdale to kill some time?

Thanks in advance for the information.

It's almost 30 miles from Miami International to Port Everglades. The problem is that you never know what kind of traffic you're gonna get on 95. You may zoom right through or be stuck in traffic for an hour or more...heck the airport expressway toll both can back up big at times.

As for Saturday...maybe you could hit South Beach and Lincoln Road Mall (cafes, stores, & galleries...not a shopping mall) for lunch.

Chris:cool:

We are on the Enchantment of the Seas on March 27. Our plane lands in Miami at 12:56 p.m. How long will it take to get to the ship? Will we be pushing it, or will we have time to relax and enjoy a beverage before the muster drill?

Also, our return flight doesn't leave until 3:30 on April 1st. Is there anything we could do in Miami or Fort Lauderdale to kill some time?

Thanks in advance for the information.

The drive is about 30 miles on Rt. 95. By the time you get off the plane and get your luggage, it will be close to 1:45pm - 2:00pm. I would suggest using the RCCL bus transfer for about $25/per person each way to make sure you don't miss the ship. A taxi will cost you much more money.

After your cruise, you will have to carry your luggage around with you everywhere you go. I would suggest hanging around the ship, eat a late breakfast and disenbark last before heading to Miami airport. You could go to Miami beach for a bit but dragging luggage with you is going to be a pain.

The drive is about 30 miles on Rt. 95. By the time you get off the plane and get your luggage, it will be close to 1:45pm - 2:00pm. I would suggest using the RCCL bus transfer for about $25/per person each way to make sure you don't miss the ship. A taxi will cost you much more money.

After your cruise, you will have to carry your luggage around with you everywhere you go. I would suggest hanging around the ship, eat a late breakfast and disenbark last before heading to Miami airport. You could go to Miami beach for a bit but dragging luggage with you is going to be a pain.

Isn't the transfer included with the price of the cruise? We booked everything thru a TA, I believe it included the flight, transfers and the cruise. I could be wrong, but I will definitely check into this.

Thanks for the replies so far.

We usually rent a car, in the new Fortlauderdale terminal there are all the major car rental companys. With Alamo you can prepay on line and check in so all you do is take you and your lugage right to a type of car you selected and just show the guy at the checkout your credit card. Drive directly to the Miami airport Alamo car return and they have a schuttle to take you to the cruise port. This really doesn't take very long. The only hold up can be on the I95 which usually moves pretty well on weekends at mid day. With your flight times you won't have a whole lot of time to play with. Lately the rental prices have been about 20 to 25 dollars. The price of a limo or schuttle will be about 60 to eighty dollars.

Have a great cruise

Brian J

Archived