Sailing the Century 2-11-05

maxwellw

Really looking forward to this cruise and was wondering if anyone else was posting about this one. Never been to Jamaica before and was wondering what we should do there. Any suggestions? Also about the liquor, I've never had a problem buying from the store on the ship and paying the extra $$ and then just take it to the room with me. Any experiences with this ship with that anyone?

You'll be sailing on my very favorite ship, I just love Century. Here's a link to the rollcall for your cruise.

Century - Feb. 11, 2006 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I've never been able to buy liquor onboard and get to take it to my cabin on a Celebrity cruise, but I have heard reports of people being able to do so. You can order a bottle from Celebrity's website for in cabin consumption. It includes sodas & a box of nuts. In Ocho Rios we enjoyed Dunn's River Falls. It's a waterfall you can walk up. If you don't want to do an excursion there is a Margaritaville on the beach in Island Village that is a lot of fun. It's an easy walk from the dock.

Terri

It's my favourite ship as well!! Hope you enjoy the staff as much as we did.

While in Jamaica if its Ocho Rios...a must do is with Phil Lafeyette.

He can give you whatever tour you would like. He will show you a great time...we did the Dunn's river climb as well as tubing and had a blast!

He will show you a great time so worries mon! Check out his web site and tell him the crazy Canadians sent you. You will not go wrong with him.

As far as the drinks.... pack what you want for your room in your packed luggage. We did that but don't miss out with the drinks by the pool.

The waiters are most enjoyable and will go out of their way to keep you happy for the week. You don't want to miss out on that experience.

Unless you have a pop card or take soda with you, just use the mix from the room. It is the same price as if you buy a can of soda from one of the bars. (1.95)

Enjoy your trip...we were on it in Dec. and already we miss the ship and all the staff. They are the best!

dreaming jr.

Sorry about putting 05 instead of 06.....thanks for the input about what to do in Jamaica.....would love to meet everyone that's signed up for the cruise critic party...it's my husband and myself, both age 50 and looking forward to making some new friends.....has anyone ever bought liquor in the store on the ship and made extra $$ and took it back to the room? We've never had a problem doing that before you never know...

Archived