Amber Cove 27 waterfalls -- if taking taxi, how do I secure my valuables?

mleng

My extended family will be on Veendam at Amber Cove on Nov 29.  6 or 7 of us are planning to take the taxi to 27 waterfalls.  I have read in other reviews that the taxi driver will stay at the park and drive us back.  The person who wrote the review said that he/she left their phones and wallets in the taxi.  Have anybody else done that?  I find this slightly risky and nerve-wrecking.  I also heard the park has locker that we can rent.  Does anybody know the price and the size of the locker?  I will probably feel better leaving the valuables in the locker, but I also don't want to offend the taxi driver and tell him "I don't want to leave my stuff in your car.  I would rather pay for a locker."  

Any suggestion?  

I left our stuff in the taxi/van. We had a backpack or two of stuff and someone would have to really try hard to dig through it to find anything valuable. The driver is going to want a tip so if stuff is missing that is going to hurt his chances.

I also would not feel like you are going to offend the driver by getting a locker (they are between $3-$5 depending on size). Again, they want you to have a good experience which hopefully means a better tip. It is really up to you which way you feel more comfortable. Sounds like the locker may be the way to go for you.