Check in Miami

TequilaJane

I'm curious about checking in at the Port of Miami as well.  I checked in at midnight and got a 12:30 time slot- seems late compared to other ports.  Does Miami just open for check in later?  Or is the early/late line open earlier?  

I'm leaning towards getting a late checkout at the hotel, and just heading over close to 12:30, but I'm just curious. 

If you arrive at your check-in time they will waive you through one line. If you arrive outside the window assigned, be prepared for a longer line with the other folks that are doing the same thing. The staggered check-in is supposed to ease the amount of wait time. If everyone just shows up when they want, you'll still get on but may have to wait in longer lines.

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

If you arrive at your check-in time they will waive you through one line. If you arrive outside the window assigned, be prepared for a longer line with the other folks that are doing the same thing. The staggered check-in is supposed to ease the amount of wait time. If everyone just shows up when they want, you'll still get on but may have to wait in longer lines.

Early/late " be prepared for longer line" is a great thought. However when we went (about 1 hour before check-in time) we walked right through. Noboby in any of the lines.

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

@beerman2 that is why I said "be prepared" not "you will". I'm glad it worked out for you. 🙂

Yep just emphasizing for other to be prepared! We were and would have waited until our time slot.

Just shocked at the lack of people at the time ( I think 11:00) . Cab dropped us off , walked right through and onboard by 11:30

• Like 1

16 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I'm curious about checking in at the Port of Miami as well.  I checked in at midnight and got a 12:30 time slot- seems late compared to other ports.  Does Miami just open for check in later? It depends on the ship.  The Vista class has more passengers so it takes longer for disembarking the passengers from the previous cruise.   Or is the early/late line open earlier?  

I'm leaning towards getting a late checkout at the hotel, and just heading over close to 12:30, but I'm just curious. 

Miami has three lines.  "Priority" (Platinum, Diamond and FTTF), "On Time" and "Early/Late".  When we sailed on the Horizon, we got to the port around 11:30 and got in the Priority line.  Once in that line, we never stopped moving until we were on the ship.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Miami has three lines.  "Priority" (Platinum, Diamond and FTTF), "On Time" and "Early/Late".  When we sailed on the Horizon, we got to the port around 11:30 and got in the Priority line.  Once in that line, we never stopped moving until we were on the ship.  

Thanks.  Maybe I'll show up a bit earlier.  I'm not really too worried about it either way- an hour isn't going to make or break my day.  

We sailed out of Miami for the first time about a year ago and I was sweating bullets imagining hours long lines in the hot sun.  Well, we got there at 12:30PM for a 12:30-1:00PM window jumped in the line and onboard in roughly 15 minutes.  Carnival has embarkation, at least in Miami, down to a science.