Quench package on NS ?'s

FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

Hello again, bought the quench package for upcoming Nieuw Statendam Cruise. Does anyone know if there's a time limit between when you can buy drinks and if you can only get 1 at a time? Just wondering if I wanted a coffee and a bottled water or a virgin pina colada and water at the same time if I would have to wait to get them. Or is it just a matter of ordering one, getting it, then ordering the other from someone else immediately? Also read in the details that it includes Explorations Cafe drinks.  Does that mean specialty coffee from anywhere else on the ship is not included, like the Dutch Cafe or dining room? Thanks in advance. T-minus 8 days.....

All specialty coffees, no matter what venue you use, are included with the Quench Package.  My son, who used the package last Christmas on NS, says that you can order one drink at a time; however, often the bartenders and/or waiters would ask him if he wanted a second drink before he'd finished the first one. 

Be aware that if you have anyone else in your cabin, they, too, must purchase the package.  It's also good for soft drinks.  You can order as many beverages in a day as you can consume.  My son ordered at least 5-6 specialty coffees, 2-3 sodas, and numerous mocktails during each day.  I, on the other hand, probably ordered less than 2-3 drinks, including smoothies in a day.  HAL made a lot of money on me, but lost a bunch on my son.  He enjoyed it so much, he's willing to pay for my package this year because he plans to order it for himself.  In his case, it really was a nice convenience and saved him from drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages.  During the 7-day cruise, I believe he had no more than 5 alcoholic drinks. 

Hi, that's a good question about where you are able to get specialty coffees.  I've been looking at drink package info for our supposed upcoming cruise next month (still have to convince hubby to book it.)  I saw that specialty coffees are included at the Dutch Café.  I suppose if you want to know for sure, call HAL.  Have fun.

Thank you for the feedback. I purchased the quench package for myself already. However, it did not make me order it for the rest in my cabin(wife and 2 kids). When I did a mock purchase of the alcoholic drink package it gave me a disclaimer and said that I would have to order for my wife as well. It never gave me that when a I purchased the quench???

Wow, that is interesting.  I wonder if it was a glitch that allowed you to purchase package only for yourself.  Maybe your reply was for sevenseasnomad.  Do you want to buy it for your wife and kids also, or just for yourself (assuming it stays as is, and allows you to only purchase the one package?)  If so, then don't do anything.  I would wait and see, unless they want a package also.  I'm not the expert, lol, have only been on one HAL cruise so far.  But hopefully next month we'll be on the Koningsdam with drink package included!  Hopefully you'll get all the coffees and drinks you want.

I just looked at the beverage package page for HAL and it says "beverage packages are honored at any of our bars, lounges, cafes, the dining room and fine dining restaurants."  So, that should include the Dutch Café.  🙂

Edited by smilesntravels
Update info