MSC Meraviglia Water?

ChiTownCub

I'm sailing MSC for the 1st time in December! I've cruised over a dozen times on other lines and I know MSC is a little different when it comes to drinks. My wife and I don't drink alcohol but do drink a ton of water. After speaking with MSC, they told me that bottled water is at a cost and their are no water fountains around the ship. They suggested I purchase a non-alcohol package, but that was over $400 for 2 people for a week, nuts! I can't even believe I'm asking this question, but can you find plain water throughout the ship without purchasing it? Also, what is included at dinners? Water, soda, wine, etc..? Thanks for the help everyone

Yes, there are water dispensers in the buffet. It's not for re-filling water bottles but if you bring a canteen, use a clean drinking glass provided at the buffet to refill it and bring it about the ship with you. Trying to get water at the pool bars during the day was insane although if you did get a bartender they would happily oblige. You'd have to truck it to Marketplace Buffet. Most other bars on the ships are busy to get a glass of water from. It is doable as I carried my own water around for 13 days on the repositioning cruise. The buffet closes down most of the water stations after 10PM though so be sure to refill for the night before you head off to anything, including the nightclub! Cheers!

This is one thing I found odd about MSC.... let's be Eco-Friendly but tell people to buy bottled water with single use plastics versus providing water stations throughout the pool deck on sea days. Yet, don't provision the ship with tissues. Truly odd choice. The pool deck buffet also didn't have a water station attached to it. You had to go inside to get drinks.

On our Northeastern US/Canadian cruise and also the reposition cruise to Miami they had already made water by the glass available in the dining rooms, something not done on European cruises.  I wouldn't be surprised if getting a free glass of water was difficult at bars and specialty restaurants, they are usually oriented towards bottled water - at least available on MSC at a small cost if you have no drinks package.  I would carry my own refillable bottle that I filled in the buffet or cabin when traveling with no drinks package.  I've never seen water fountains on any cruise line's ships.

2 hours ago, ChiTownCub said:

I can't even believe I'm asking this question, but can you find plain water throughout the ship without purchasing it?

You may not believe it, but it is true. On all MSC ships water dispensers are only available at the buffet (together with free coffee and tea). But these are open 24 hours. You can refill your water bottles in the way explained above. 

And it is always a good idea to choose a cabin close to the buffet :classic_smile:

• Like 2