Train, boat and bus tour?

thefog

We're taking this tour thru Princess. Not sure if it's a good deal or not. Most posters seem to like the local tours that seem to be half the price, but the train part is a bit intriguing. And I did see one post where the tour picks you up a 6 a.m.! Yikes--too early for us, especially seeing that the Panama Canal is the very next day.

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival's Boat, Train and Bus tour was a lot of fun and yes..I thought it was worth the money. We saw 2 kinds of monkeys, some sloths, lizards, and plenty of birds. Not to say the boat wasn't nice but I enjoyed the "Green Train" which of course is blue, much more. It was also quit interesting to see where our bananas come from, first growing in the fields, then cut green, then placed on a conveyor line, then washed, then marked, then boxed, then placed in a truck, then onto ships, and finally in our grocery stores fresh but ripe. That was cool! At the boat dock I purchased some very smooth Costa Rican Coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Took this cruise thru Princess and thought it was well worth it. The train ride was fascinating--much better than the boat portion. Banana plantation was very interesting as well.

Our tour left at 12:30 pm, which was great, as we didn't have to get up early and rush breakfast. Plus, took a (very) quick walk through the town park and shopped a bit in the market set up on the pier in the morning.

We were on this tour offered by Celebrity. I really enjoyed the tour, it was fun, informative, and you got to see a lot. The train ride was ok, I had a really bad seat and could only see out one side of the train. The bus was your standard tour bus that went to the bananna plantation. I found this really interesting, you really get an up close look at how banannas are grown and harvested. The boat trip was fun, we saw a lot of animals and they had a nice buffet of fresh fruit at the end. The one thing I didnt like and I dont think that this is a downfall of the tour, just the day we were there, the animals were very hard to see. Especially the monkeys and the sloths. There was an awful lot of time devoted to making sure everyone saw the animals, which I feel was time wasted. I can understand stoping for 10 minutes or so, but we were stopping for like 20-25 which is a little long considering the boat ride was only an hour. But we did see a lot of wildlife nonetheless.

Archived