Room question

jenrn1

We have sailed with Disney before and were always on Deck 7. This time, to cut some corners, we are staying on Deck 2. My question is this: Has anyone stayed on this deck before and how is it? Am I going to hear engine noise all night long? Thanks, I know I am probably being a big baby about this! :)

Hi,

we have stayed on deck 2 before and it was very nice. It doesn't have a smuch movement as the upper decks.

There are a few rooms that are considered noisy room on deck 2. They are listed at www.dcltribute.com

Scroll down the main page and on the left side of the page towards the bottom of the page it will say Noisy rooms. click on that and it will list the room numbers. Most actually are more of a medium humming sound instead of a loud banging noise from what I have read by people who stayed in them.

Hope this helps,

mom x4,grandma x4

I've stayed on deck 7 for 3 of my cruises (twice with verandah, once inside), but most of my cruises have been on deck 2 in a category 9. Except for not having a verandah, I love the cat 9 staterooms. The porthole is huge, and you're down close to the water. I've never had noise in any of those cabins, although I've never been foolish enough to select a cabin directly under the bars/dance clubs. I select my cabin, and stay under the restaurants or other quiet spots. The only noise I've ever gotten on a Disney ship was the one time up on deck 5 in a cabin that connected to the one next door. I could hear them clearing their throat, and thought that was really unacceptable. Thank goodness it was just a nice adult couple in there...not loud at all, but I could tell anytime they were conversing.

I've stayed on deck 7 for 3 of my cruises (twice with verandah, once inside), but most of my cruises have been on deck 2 in a category 9. Except for not having a verandah, I love the cat 9 staterooms. The porthole is huge, and you're down close to the water. I've never had noise in any of those cabins, although I've never been foolish enough to select a cabin directly under the bars/dance clubs. I select my cabin, and stay under the restaurants or other quiet spots. The only noise I've ever gotten on a Disney ship was the one time up on deck 5 in a cabin that connected to the one next door. I could hear them clearing their throat, and thought that was really unacceptable. Thank goodness it was just a nice adult couple in there...not loud at all, but I could tell anytime they were conversing.

Sue, what cabin on Deck 5 was it, may I ask? I'm in 5124 on an upcoming Wonder Cruise!

Sue, what cabin on Deck 5 was it, may I ask? I'm in 5124 on an upcoming Wonder Cruise!

It was one of the secret porthole rooms - so it had to be either 5024 or 5524. If you have a cruise brochure, you can tell whether your cabin is connecting to the one next door (look at the deck plan). Deck 5 was a convenient location - particularly if you're cruising with kids who will be in the kids' clubs.

Archived