Late July/early august - Independence vs. Navigator for 20somethings

anewell28

Hi!

long story short, planning on cruising with me my college best friend (both 23yrs old). We both like to party and have fun and did so on carnival last summer. 

my family cruises royal and I have a credit to use with them so I want to take her on a royal ship. 

ive narrowed it down to three cruise itineraries, two on Indy and one navigator. which one would have better night life for us? I have been on the independence with my family and have never sailed on the navigator.

22 hours ago, anewell28 said:

Hi!

long story short, planning on cruising with me my college best friend (both 23yrs old). We both like to party and have fun and did so on carnival last summer. 

my family cruises royal and I have a credit to use with them so I want to take her on a royal ship. 

ive narrowed it down to three cruise itineraries, two on Indy and one navigator. which one would have better night life for us? I have been on the independence with my family and have never sailed on the navigator.

Having sailed on both, I would definitely choose the Indy 😁

If I were 20-something, I think I would choose the Navigator. The ship recently underwent an amplification/refurbishment. I remember reading somewhere that the amplification design was one that caters to the 20-30 year old demographic.

I'd check recent trip reports from both ships.

been on both, nothing really that different from a night life perspective.  The one thing I noticed with indy vs Nav is that having sorentos makes late night eating a lot quicker.  long lines at cafe promenade late  at night, hardly a wait on indy, or the other freedom class ships I've been on.

If you are looking for a 20-23 crowd, we cruise in march and there are always spring breakers around that age on the ships, we haven't been at other times for a while because my wife teaches, so not sure how many young adults are on during other times.

Dan

We have been on both recently. They are very similar and have very similar amenities for that age group... there shouldn't be much difference in terms of nightlife. 

I definitely prefer the Independence over the Navigator, but both are recently renovated.