Post cruise excursion luggage question

cgolf2

Due to ridiculous flight costs, we have a late afternoon flight. Looked at a couple of Royal excursions with transfer to the airport and was curious how are luggage would be handled? Does it go with you on the excursion or is it a separate charge for Royal to transfer it to the airport for you. If they do the latter is American Airlines covered? When we sailed Disney our usual airline of choice, Southwest, was never covered for bag transfers. 

If the excursion ends at the airport, Royal will also deliver the luggage to the airport.  Most likely they will drop you at the airport and unload your bags at the same time.  You take the bags into the airport.

• Like 1

I did an excursion through Royal Caribbean after my Allure cruise in October 2018.  Our luggage was put onto a truck and we collected it after lunch.  It then went with us on our bus to the airport.  We were then dropped at the American Airlines terminal at Fort Lauderdale around 2 p.m. 

Allure came into Fort Lauderdale, then I toured Miami and was brought back to the Fort Lauderdale airport.  There was some confusion before the excursion as there didn't seem to be many instructions.  The men were handing out luggage tags but not really saying anything.  I almost ended up with Miami tags when I needed Fort Lauderdale tags.  

I'm glad I did the excursion.  Just ask a lot of questions as we weren't given much guidance.  Someone from Royal lead us off the ship and then "disappeared".  We also had people who didn't hear the guide's instruction on how to get connected to the audio in the bus.  After our first stop, those people realized they had missed an hour of the guide's talk.  

Enjoy your excursion!

Patti 

• Like 1