Has anyone ever rented a car

REGINA

I'm renting a car from Budget at MCO (Orlando Int. Airport) using my Entertainment Book coupons for double upgrades to get to P'Can for my cruise. Called the Budget office close to the pier, and they run a shuttle every few minutes. It was 37 bucks to get down there for a 24 hour rental, and 29 to get back to MCO from P'Can, with unlimited mileage, that way I can drive up to Lakeland for the Sun-N-Fun airshow while I'm at it. The Budget office at MCO is open 24 hours a day. This worked out better for me than trying to get a shuttle to P'Can at 23:00 (11:00 pm) when my flight arrives. I also rented a car down there once when one of the boats I was on pulled in for a port call. It was very easy, they go out of their way to please you.

Wraithe

Wraithe,

If you visit Sun n Fun, do you go to Oshkosh as well? My dad and I went last year (3 visit for me) but will miss Oshkosh this year due to a cruise.

I think my mom selected the cruise date so we could not go to Oshkosh. LOL.

Wraithe,

If you visit Sun n Fun, do you go to Oshkosh as well? My dad and I went last year (3 visit for me) but will miss Oshkosh this year due to a cruise.

I think my mom selected the cruise date so we could not go to Oshkosh. LOL.

I went to Oshkosh in 2001, that's the only one I've ever got to go to. It's a lot of fun up there, and I hope to go again soon. Sun-N-Fun is a lot to do as well. Hope to find some stuff for my VariEze while I'm there!

Wraithe

My dad has wanted to go to sun n fun for years, but has not made it yet. I am a school teacher and my spring break is never during sun n fun, so I have never made it.

Dad and I are planning a return trip to Oshkosh next summer.

My dad has wanted to go to sun n fun for years, but has not made it yet. I am a school teacher and my spring break is never during sun n fun, so I have never made it.

Dad and I are planning a return trip to Oshkosh next summer.

I loved Air Venture, it was a ton of fun. Went to that in 2001, then to Sun-N-Fun just before my next to last patrol on Wyoming, 2003 time frame. Enjoyed it very much, too. The vendors are awesome, I just got to make sure that I don't buy something that is going to be hard to get home on a commercial airplane. Are you or your Dad home builders or aviators? I've been in EAA for years, but rejoined as a life member this year. I'm a private pilot, although I'm not current, and like I said before I have a Varieze that I'm rebuilding. It was licensed, but hasn't flown in many years. Just one more project. Catch you later!

Herb

I am a private pilot as well. I am not current, but would love to get back to flying. My dad started flying when I was a little kid, but my brother and sister came along and ended his dream of flying and building a plane. He first took me to Oshkosh in 1983, 1993, amd 2003. We went back last year to see Spaceship One, White Knight and the GlobalFlyer. It was amazing watching those planes fly. We took over 700 pictures last summer. Thank God for digital cameras and larger memory cards.

Hopefully, we will go back in the summer of '07 and take my son to his first AirVenture. I know he would love the KidsVenture.

Yeah, KidVenture is awesome, I want one of the 3 ring binders they're letting them rivet together this year. That'd be really cool! LOL. Neither of my kids are really into flying, although both have been flying with me, nor was my brother, I don't know why I was bitten so hard by the bug. I drove out to the AF Museum at Wright-Pat a little over a year ago and spent the day out there. It was my first visit and I didn't have time to see everything. I spent most of my time in the WW2, Cold War, R & D, and Presidents hangars. It was great, what a fabulous collection of airplanes. I had wanted to see the XB-70 Valkyrie and B-36 Peacemaker all my life, and I don't think I'll ever get my fill of the B-17. Enjoy Osh Kosh, I'm jealous of you getting to see White Knight. Very cool.

Wraithe

There were 3 B-17 flying most of the time in Oshkosh. It was amazing to see them take off. My highlight of the week was my flight in a breezy.

If you need help on your plane or someone to take flying let me know. I would drive the couple of hours for a flight.

There were 3 B-17 flying most of the time in Oshkosh. It was amazing to see them take off. My highlight of the week was my flight in a breezy.

If you need help on your plane or someone to take flying let me know. I would drive the couple of hours for a flight.

You bet Viper, if I ever actually get it flying! Drop me an email, the address is on the bottom, just take out "at" and substitue @.

Later,

Wraithe

Archived