Around the Horn

travel-to-go

Anyone who hasn't checked in on Jack's blog lately- You need to see the post for Feb 1. It brought tears to my eyes just imagining the excitement. And the pictures are sort of stunning!

http://www.jackatsea.com/1febsummary.htm

Karie,

Viacariously enjoying the cruise-

Is it cold where I am? Or is it those pictures of everyone in parkas and winter attire on the high and I do mean high!) seas!

Thanks! I've been looking for him to post for 2 days! I *love* his blog!

Me too!

I should have mentioned, if you don't know how to navigate it- To get the most up to date posts, simply click on the link at the top that says "About The Diary"

It will refresh back to the main page. Click on any of the days whihc have underlined "titles" in blue, to open them up.

Karie

That is a great Blog - I felt like I was on-board doing the trip. How exciting that must have been to meet the Atlantic and Pacific - If it was a bit of a rough sea for the liner QM2 , just imagine what the early sailors experienced!

Thanks for posting the link - I will look at this every day to follow their progress.

I too want to thank Jack for his excellent sharing of his voyage.

I am really enjoying living through his posts. It is also helping build excitement for seeing the QM2 on the morning of the 22 in Long Beach and then getting to sail on her in the afternoon.:) I really enjoyed the pictures of going around the horn.

Knowing that She is keeping Her schedule is helping me to relax about my cruise. I was worried when the pod problem happend. I guess I am lucky that is my biggest worries these days !!

All for now, Tom in Long Beach. ( Who will be offering up excellent food and serving champagne on the QM1 tonight). Fridays are my Mondays.

I too want to thank Jack for his excellent sharing of his voyage.

I am really enjoying living through his posts. It is also helping build excitement for seeing the QM2 on the morning of the 22 in Long Beach and then getting to sail on her in the afternoon.:) I really enjoyed the pictures of going around the horn.

Knowing that She is keeping Her schedule is helping me to relax about my cruise. I was worried when the pod problem happend. I guess I am lucky that is my biggest worries these days !!

All for now, Tom in Long Beach. ( Who will be offering up excellent food and serving champagne on the QM1 tonight). Fridays are my Mondays.

Tom,

Looking forward to seeing you and the family on board on the 25th :)

Diana and I are going on the sea life park excursion on Oahu, while Chris and our other two friends are visiting the Arizona (not a 3-year old attention span kind of thing) On Maui we're on the whale watching trip and in Kona we're taking the wagon ride trip to the farm to toast s'mores (like my waistline needs it :rolleyes: ); watch cows, horses and sheep. If you're interested in joining us for any of those, let me know :)

Tracy Butler

Hello Stellechef

Hello: Right now are tenative plans for shore tours are

Lahaina:

Circle Island Helecopter tour

Becasue I am picking up most of the cruise Ray is picking up the shore tours. I also let Ray

choose the shore tours' cause I always choose the ship...

Honolulu

Arizona and "Mighty Mo", I know that Carlos ( he is 10 yr ) will be more into this than

Ray, But Ray really wanted to see the ARIZONA, Seeing the Missouri is a fair trade off.

I have already seen the Arizona. I agree this would not be fun for a 3 yr old.

Kona

The Kona Highlights tour, You have to do the buss tour on at least one island...

Boy I am I dense, took me too long to figure out who you where....

Looking for ward to cruising with the three of you on board

Iif you haven't popped in lately, Jack has a few more days up and more pics.

More witty bon mots, and of course, more things to blame on poor Ann! And the best pics yet I've seen of Ann, and Jack, himself. Suitable for framing and hangin at your local post office! (Do they do that in England?)

Check out Puerto Montt and some FABULOUS nature shots!

http://www.jackatsea.com/puerto-montt-chile.htm

Don't forget to click on About the Diary to see what you've missed!

Thanks, Jack!

Especially for telling me it as 18 degrees there! I feel better about my 30 degrees now! I hope you did mean Farenheit!

Who knew there were volacanos AND glaciers in Chile!

Karie,

Loving it, Keep it up, Jack, and thanks!

Archived