Fort Lauderdale Where to stay pre-cruise?

jfelcie

We have reservations at the Marriott Marina Hotel but it has been sold and is no longer associated with the Marriott. Now I can not use my "Marriott Rewards" to stay free. The cost is $199.00 per night. They do provide a free shuttle to the ship, which we need. Any suggestions that would be cheaper? Thanks

We have reservations at the Marriott Marina Hotel but it has been sold and is no longer associated with the Marriott. Now I can not use my "Marriott Rewards" to stay free. The cost is $199.00 per night. They do provide a free shuttle to the ship, which we need. Any suggestions that would be cheaper? Thanks

We stayed here for our 01-15-2006 cruise. http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985&savedSearchQuery=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lq.com%2Flq%2FproxySearchRes.do%3Fpromocorp%3D%26mapProvider%3DMapQuest%26searchType%3DGEO%26searchAddress%3D%26searchCity%3Dft%2Blauderdale%26searchState%3DFL%26searchPostal%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_D%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_D%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_NRM%3D1%26requestOrigin%3D%26x%3D45%26y%3D13

Nice place and they have a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise ships. A decent free breakfast also.

Dan

When did the Marriott Marina sell? I have reservations there for December. I wonder who purchased this hotel. They are charging me an arm and leg for one night. $349.00. I have stayed here before and love the view of the port but the price is a little more than this property is worth.

Update. Just called the hotel directly and they do not know who the new owner will be. May know more but effective on the 25th, the hotel is no longer a Marriott property.

I agree about checking out the Renaissance which is next door to the Marriott.

We had reservations at the Marriott Marina 3/30 thru 4/2 with Reward Points. Marriott called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that this hotel will no longer be a Marriott as of the end of February. Evidently the owner of the hotel no longer wants to be part of the Marriott chain.

They did transfer my reservation to the Renaissance down the street.

Princess booked us a room at the Marriott North in Ft Lauderdale. Can anyone tell me how far from the port the hotel is? Are there liquor stores or reasonable restaurants nearby. We arrive around 1 pm and don't cruise until the next day.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks

It's about 1/2 hour north of Port Everglades. I think there are a lot of restaurants close by. WE almost stayed at Cypress Creek Courtyard but then used points for Embassy so that we were in the thick of things. Cypress Creek is a nice, safe area. I would call the hotel re: restuarants and whether the hotel shuttle or a cab can take you to a restaurant. I seem to remember that your hotel had a restaurant in it. This is a business not a tourist area. Is Princess providing port transporation?

the Renaissance is conveniently located and a very nice property. If you

don't use your reward points, try bidding 4* downtown on Priceline. You

will most likely get that property for under $100 depending on when you

would like to go and maybe save your points for something more.

We usually stay at the Hyatt because we like the pool area.

The Marriott Marina even in it's heyday was never worth $349.00 per night. Especially since it only achieved 3* from AAA.

If you are using points, call Marriott directly and have them transfer your stay to the Renaissance on SE 17th Street, Ft Lauderdale.

Occupancy levels in FT Lauderdale are very high... especially in the SE 17th Street district. Rates are way up, too... even in surrounding communities.

For Nov 05, I wound up paying $115 per night for the Renaissance via Priceline and I took my bids up by only $2 at a time.

Archived