Norovirus

FLAHAM

32 minutes ago, gooch47 said:

I've always wondered about the silverware in the dining rooms.  You see your servers picking up used silverware and then laying down fresh with those same hands.  Wouldn't that transfer the virus?

Absolutely.

It is also transferred VERY easily when they use a pitcher to fill your water glass, or use the wine bottle to refill your wine glass - and they TOUCH the rim of the glass with the pitcher/bottle. 

That's a really easy way to transmit anything - you don't even need to use your hands to handle a utensil or touch food or your mouth.  

You just need to take a sip.

Edited by DinaS

On 12/23/2019 at 10:27 AM, gooch47 said:

I've always wondered about the silverware in the dining rooms.  You see your servers picking up used silverware and then laying down fresh with those same hands.  Wouldn't that transfer the virus?

I'm thinking about all the servers in the buffet picking up glasses and plates and then serving you a drink. Same for the bartenders,  have witnessed some using hands  to pick up fruit for the drinks or not using a scoop for ice   Have experienced Noro this fall on a prior cruise line.It can start within 12 hours after boarding and that's exactly what happened, for 5 days and i'm a germ a phobia. Thank G-d we disembarked from the Oct 27 NCL Joy canal cruise as her next cruise is when Noro all started. 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:59 AM, DinaS said:

Absolutely.

It is also transferred VERY easily when they use a pitcher to fill your water glass, or use the wine bottle to refill your wine glass - and they TOUCH the rim of the glass with the pitcher/bottle. 

That's a really easy way to transmit anything - you don't even need to use your hands to handle a utensil or touch food or your mouth.  

You just need to take a sip.

I was wondering about this. We just returned from the Gem and I watched closely. They were careful not to let the pitcher touch the glass.