FTTF being removed from Panorama sailings :-(

frogerina

About to call, but I looked in my Planner and see that the FTTF I purchased for my 2/22/20 Panorama Cruise is no longer showing up...my credit card still shows the charge.  Am seeing on Facebook groups that this is happening to other sailing dates, too....will update after I hear from Carnival...but grrr...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

I was wondering if they were going to take back what they sold.  Very strange.

What gave you that wonder?  Carnival's site states that FTTF will be offered starting with Feb 2020 cruises...so when I called about my 2/22/20 sailing date, and the rep sold it to me, I figured I was set.  I know Carnival isn't having their Best Day Ever today...but it would have been nice to get a notification from them before I found out on social media and had to follow up myself.  Oh, well...still get to take a great first trip!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

FTTF is capacity controlled based on the number of P/D's that book a particular cruise. If they've determined there's an excessive number of P/D's on your cruise, I guess it's possible that they've decided to pull FTTF. Either that or it's a glitch.

When I called, was told it was too many P/D's...but I'd think they would know that after final payment day, which was a couple weeks ago...BEFORE FTTF purchase was offered.  Rep claimed no glitch.  Now hopefully also no glitch in getting my money back!

The FTTF came off my planner, off boarding passes and luggage tags. Got this email regarding the cancellation of FTTF for 2/22/20 cruise.  I find it interesting that the reason, if you read it, is "due to    ."  No explanation.  Also, the link to sign up for "exclusive News and Specials" is busted.  I'm going to have a fine first ever cruise!!...but the glitchiness sometimes is frustrating.  

Carnival Cancel FTTF.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say they ended up with more P/D's on that cruise than they expected, so they had to pull FTTF. Adding FTTF to the long list of priority passengers would've overwhelmed the system. For example, all the priority cabins that the stewards have to have ready upon boarding time. The number of P/D's will probably level out shortly after this cruise and they'll go back to selling FTTF. It's just unfortunate for those of you who wanted it but now can't get it.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If I had to guess, I'd say they ended up with more P/D's on that cruise than they expected

There seems to be another piece or two to the puzzle. We're on the Feb. 1 sailing and the same happened to 30 people for the cruise and others are reporting the system allowed them to book throughout January only to have them all called back. 

I'm looking forward to the ironic humor of the day when ALL cabins  but 30 cabins have been sold to P&D cruisers and those remaining 30 cabins are sold the FTTF for that cruise. 🙂

Edited by glrounds

• 1 month later...

Well, 4 weeks from my cruise (yay!) and FTTF showed up again (after being offered, bought, cancelled and refunded in December).  I've read that my sailing date is pretty much sold out, so maybe now they have a more accurate headcount?  Anyway, purchased again (it's really important to one of my cabinmates...me, I'm a newbie) and hoping this time it sticks. 2/22/20 Panorama sailing.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, frogerina said:

Well, 4 weeks from my cruise (yay!) and FTTF showed up again (after being offered, bought, cancelled and refunded in December).  I've read that my sailing date is pretty much sold out, so maybe now they have a more accurate headcount?  Anyway, purchased again (it's really important to one of my cabinmates...me, I'm a newbie) and hoping this time it sticks. 2/22/20 Panorama sailing.  

Good luck, hope it's a keeper this time. Have fun newbie. We board the Panorama next Saturday.

It showed up again for our 2/15 cruise.  We had booked too back in December and then had it cancelled.  They actually called and left a message asking if we were still interested.  By the time I got home from work and called in the evening, there was no answer at that extension- I  then called back to the general customer service number and they were able to book it!  Glad it finally worked out- we were really ticked off when they cancelled it on us before!  

• Like 1