Anyone used Cruise411????

vtoler

Any thoughts on cruise411 for booking a cruise? So far they have the lowest price, however, they do impose fees. They charge a $15 fee per cabin to cancel, before final payment is due. Also if they adjust the price due to a price reduction they will charge a 10% fee for the total reduction. If carnival came out with a up-grade promotion they would have to check with Carnival to see if up-grade would be possible (not sure it they would charge a fee for an up-grade). I had another on-line TA tell me that she would just cancel and rebook in order to get the promotions (of course this is before final payment). So even though cruise411 has the lowest rate, would it be lower in the long run with all of their fees?

I use cruise411. I didn't know about the 10% fee for reductions but so far the cruises I have booked have not been reduced - so I guess I will have to wait and see. I have a great agent that I work with there who I think would work with me just so I wouldn't cancel the reservation. Any fee is negotiable.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

Short one on the Celebration

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

JULY 31, 2004

True any fee is negotiable!

However, I would hate to have to pay the cancelation fee every time that Canrival had an up-grade promotion for new bookings. Or am I looking at this all wrong. I have only cruised one other time and that time I did not price shop or watch the prices. Didn't realize that was an option so I just settled for the TA that I had at the time. But now thanks to cc I know better than to just settle on one price.

Hello,

I've used them too, and they did great service for me, so I'd recommend them.

Just for peace of mind, I'd get a few more responses from fellow CC members!

Happy Sails,

Mrs. Tulpule

133048249pdgnND_th.jpg133602221JczsZh_th.jpg133602907kMhHvb_th.jpg133041689xgejxJ_th.jpg

Naren, "I can't see me loving nobody but you for all my life."

More wedding pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lephysteria

icon_smile.gif CCL Paradise 9/23/2000 #U161 - icon_frown.gif CCL Holiday 3/5/2001 #M32 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif RCCL Explorer 9/1/2001 #7298 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/7/2001 #R171 - icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif CCL Pride 3/2/2002 #6194 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Vision 10/11/02 #4521 - icon_biggrin.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/27/2002 #E135 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 1/20/2003 #U197 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Monarch 12/19/03 #9580 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif CCL Ecstasy 2/6/04 #M209

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200 ... until our Star Honeymoon

time98.gif

I have used them for my last three cruises and find them to be excellent; they will match any quote (just got a $120 reduction last week on the Legend for December). Since we book category 11 suites, the price reduction is not an issue for us. My son booked a Celebrity cruise with them for September and they again matched the quote from another online discounter. I will continue to book with them in the future. Hope this helps some . . . everyone has different experiences but ours have always been positive.

Jody in TN

Disney Wonder, 3-01

Dawn Princess, 7-01

CCL Sensation, 11-02

HAL Statendam, 10-03

CCL Legend, 12-04

Archived