Galaxy 2/2 not headed to Panama?

Glendakayself

We just returned from Galaxy 1/21. I checked the web cam this morning to find that the current cruise is scheduled for Parati and Port Stanley rather than Panama Canal.

Our party of four had a great cruise, although there was a wide-spread stomach virus that caused a great deal of concern on board. Precautions grew daily. The ship smelled of disinfectant after. People who had been to the clinic were denied exit at Georgetown even though they seemed to be fully recovered. Many of the usual food stations were shut down in the buffet, and no one was allowed to serve themselves food of any kind -- only beverages.

There hasn't been any posts for months about illnesses on board,not that I've seen anyway. Did you have rough seas? Any illness can spread a little quicker on a cruise ship with so many people in a relatively small space so it is always a concern. I'm hoping they get it in check before the 2/13 sailing, but it won't stop me. I'll be washing my hands alot just as I did last June.

I posted a question on the 2/13 cc connection thread about the Parati and Port Stanley ports and was answered that the 1/21 cruise cam had listed our cruise in the same ports, but we did go to Panama Canal as scheduled. I'm very glad it is just a glitch. Panama Canal is a great experience!

Seasickness was my first thought, but the ship's crew called it a flu bug when they spoke of the illness. It was diarrhea, vomiting, and fever. Many saw the doctor and were told it was a flu virus. Our next door neighbor said the violent and sudden onset reminded him of food poisoning. Most of the folks we spoke with had had either husband or wife ill and sometimes both.

I can tell you that it was not sea sickness, at least from my viewpoint. I came down with the 'stuff' on the second to last sea day. I missed the last formal dinner and show. (Ok on the diiner, I needed to loss the weight - but not the show)

It was a great cruise - even if I did get the bug.

cruisenrev

Glad you're feeling better and hope you are enjoying DD's house in San Antonio. I hope you have time to see the sights there.

I'm happy to report that the web cam now shows the correct itinerary for the 2/2 Galaxy cruise. Glad to see that they will be going to Panama Canal.

How do you find the webcam for the Galaxy? I have tried to find the webcams on the celebrity site but have not had any luck.

Can you please help me out? My brother is on the Galaxy with his wife on their honeymoon and I would love to see where the ship is.

Thanks for your help.

Archived