Carnival's 7-Mile Beach excursion??

jkjmt

Has anyone taken this excursion? How does it work? How come in the description of the tour on the Carnival website it says you have to find your way there for $4.00 per person. Is this $4.00 included in the price of the excursion......Do we have to pay this fare to come back to the ship as well??

Why take the excursion through the ship????? Why not just take a taxi to 7-mile beach ourselves???

I would not recommend this tour. I took it several years ago, and the beach was so crowded that I had to leave after half an hour. They rope off a portion of the beach at one of the resorts (a very small portion, mind you), and that's where you have to stay. Since then, I've been back to CG several times and have gone to 7 mile beach on my own. I'd recommend taking a cab to the Hyatt and buying their $35 day pass. It includes a $15 bar and restaurant credit, so you can get a nice lunch out by the pool for a reasonable price.

We were just in Grand Cayman this week on the Carnival Inspiration. We DID NOT take the ship's excursion, but instead just grabbed a taxi for $5 PP each way to Sea Grape Beach which is right in front of the Marriott and part of 7 mile beach.....it was incredibly beautiful, there were only 6 other people on the beach with us and there were 4 ships in port that day. You can rent a chair for $10 PP and you also get a free soda or bottled water with that as well. The water is so gorgeous, not rocky, no seaweed...the sand is a beautiful pinkish beige....I can't say enough about it.....wish I was still there!! :)

Were there any restaurants or "water toys" available....like parasailing?

Miracle: 4/2006

Legend: 3/2005

Miracle: 4/2004

Legend: 3/2003

Pride: 4/2002

Jubilee: 3/2001

Disney: 2/1989

Archived