Celebrity ConciergeClass worth the extra costs?

captain bob

First of all, has anyone explained all of the perks that come with the CC? You have to weigh those against the extra price. Personally, I really enjoy those perks, especially the breakfast menu. And, we receive an extra Captain's Club credit.

Our 5/23 cruise on the Zenith will be in CC. Our other Celebrity cruise was in a Horizon suite on the Horizon in 11/03. Just what are the CC amenities, considering the fact that Zenith CC rooms are the same tiny size as normal rooms (and are less than 1/3 the size of the SA suite we've booked on the new Noordam in November), and there are no balconies.

I know that, unlike our Horizon room, we have no butler or bathtub. What DO we get to justify the extra cost? And, BTW, what are the pillow choices for allergic people who can't use feathers or down? The term "pillow menu" doesn't mean much to us.

I recently booked a cat 3 ov cabin on Zenith and then switched to CC (same size cabin, though on Z) for $10 more per day per person because of the pillow menu, pillow top mattress, duvet, flowers, afternoon canapes, fruit basket, breakfast menu of stuff not served elsewhere on the ship, the welcome bottle of champagne doesn't hurt, either. The two sailing credits are nice, too, if you're trying to get to the next level in captain's club. They also have bottles of the shampoo/conditioner and hand lotion, an extra hair dryer, a sewing kit, binoculars, the nicer robes, a nicer take home with you bag, some priority stuff.

I was in CC on an M class ship and the balcony is large enough to be served a meal even though it is only slightly larger than the cat 2 veranda. The cushioned balcony chairs are much more comfy than the plain ones.

If you want to spend more money for more space you have to go to a suite. Personally, I didn't find much use for the butler, but the space was nice. Price is much higher than CC.

Concierge Class amenities are detailed on:

http://www.celebrity.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=000090bwZR44lXeXY2jR_2nAfa9:1051tg0lk?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=CS

(if link doesn't work, go to celebrity.com, plan cruise, ships, select any ship (I used Constellation, click on Concierge Class) The amenities are listed on the bottom right corner:

When you stay in a Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom on Constellation, you will receive these added amenities and more**:

* Welcome champagne

* Daily fruit selection

* Fresh-cut flowers

* Daily hors d'oeuvres

* Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

* Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

* Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

* Double-thick Frette bathrobes

* Hansgrohe® showerhead

* VIP invitations to events

* Early embarkation and debarkation

* Dining and seating preference

* Preference on shore excursions

* Express luggage delivery

**I'm not sure what defines "more"

Our personal experience on Millennium (two cruises) late 2004: What we received was at variance from the published list and from what other pax on those cruises were receiving. We did get the champagne, the pillowtop mattress & duvet, and the Hansgrohe shower head. Not the express luggage delivery, or early embarkation, though.

I had printed a copy of the amenities before leaving home. By Day Four, when most of the amenities were not forthcoming, we queried our Cabin Attendant. No improvement happened until we verified our list with Guest Relations on Day Five. There was somewhat of an improvement after that - we received the flowers, the fruit, the pillow menu, the Frette bath robes, the personalized stationery. Occasionally we received the canapes. We gave up asking for the rest.

Out of the 60+ people in our group, 20 of us were experiencing difficulties getting most of the Concierge Class amenities, despite the fact that all of us had paid the extra $ for Concierge Class. Not all 20 of us had the same cabin steward. Hopefully, all the kinks have been ironed out regarding Concierge Class and all cabin stewards know what is expected.:)

Out of the 60+ people in our group, 20 of us were experiencing difficulties getting most of the Concierge Class amenities, despite the fact that all of us had paid the extra $ for Concierge Class. Not all 20 of us had the same cabin steward. Hopefully, all the kinks have been ironed out regarding Concierge Class and all cabin stewards know what is expected.

That is an interesting post and it would seem to me if that were the case on all cruises, the CC class would not have as many converts

We had CC class last summer on the Millenium. To be honest, we got all of the mentioned items, but most didn't thrill us. I think it depends soooo much on the cabin steward. We had an inside cabin on the Mercury and had super service...then with the CC...the service was lacking. Again, I think it had to do with our cabin steward. We had to ask for everything twice and even got a bit of eye-rolling when we asked for things. Our TA told us later that we should have complained right away, but we're not the type to want to get someone in trouble! So to answer your question...could be worth it! We didn't use the stationary, the bath mats were thread-bare and the flowers were okay. We didn't know until the cruise was over that we could have asked for specific hors d'oeuvres...we usually didn't eat the ones delivered.

If it is tons more money, I'd pass.....save the $ for the specialy restaurant..well worth it!

Thanks for the info. So far I'm still not sure if the extra $800 on a 6K cruise is worth it. That $800 would buy a lot of drinks and excursions. I guess I'm more concerned with is a CC balcony that much larger than a regular balcony. I know on the RCI Voyager class a D is noticably larger than a E cabin and thats important on a 14 day cruise.

Archived