Flying to San Pedro

theboys

My wife and I will be in Belize aboard Carnival Glory on Feb 28th. We'd like to snorkel Shark Ray alley and see San Pedro. It looks like the only way to do this is to fly from Municipal Airport to San Pedro. Anyone have experience doing this off a Carnival cruise? How big a hassle is it to get off the Ship by tender?

Thank, Mike

Have you looked at the Ports of Call boards for some of this info yet?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109 (if you hadn't yet...)

I think you can take a water taxi to Ambergris Caye, too...but it's been a long time since I've been to Belize and I have never been there on a cruise, so take that info with a grain of salt!

My husband and kids did this when we were in Belize. They flew to the Cay and did a one tank dive. They got back to the ship before we got back from our ship excursion. I do think you would have to be on one of the first general tenders they let off the ship. Just make sure you are down where they are handing out the tickets early. They had a really nice American couple meet them at the airport, take them diving and back to the airport. It was one of the best dives they have done. I think they made reservations for the plane ahead of time.I can't really remember, I would have to ask my husband about the airport. They said the plane ride was great. It was a little plane that flew right over the water. They could see the fish in the water from the plane. Have a great time. Cindy

Archived