Balcony on Royal's Enchantment OR Premium Vista Balcony/Grand Ocean Suite on Carnival Dream?

DPara

Hello --

We are doing a 5-day cruise out of Galveston in September.  Our choices are a regular balcony on Royal's Enchantment of the Seas or either a Premium Vista (aft) Balcony or an Ocean Suite on Carnival's Dream.  We've sailed both lines before (Liberty of the Seas on Royal and several Conquest class ships on Carnival).  Which would you select and why?  Thanks!

How much time do you spend in your room? What is the price and itinerary differences? I spend little time in my room, so the other factors are more important to me to make a choice. Also, what perks come with the suite, and will you use them?

The Dream is bigger with more bells and whistles..more for kids

to do. Enchantment is smaller with supposedly better service. You’ll definitely have a better balcony and room with those 2 choices on the Dream. Depends on what you’re into 😊

I've been on both ships, and I enjoyed both. Enchantment is older and smaller, but in great condition (at least when I sailed). Is there a significant price difference? Price being equal, I'd be more inclined to go with the Dream and a nicer stateroom. 

I think on Vista, some of the a ft balconies overlook the Havana area, not the ocean. I'm not sure about the Dream, but it may be similar. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The grand suite has a nice couch and chairs seating area, but if I just had say my husband and I, that space would be wasted. It would be nice if you are traveling with family of friends and want a place to socialize. So, it looks like a case of "Do you want more space outside of inside?"

• Like 1