Transatlantic Opera

luv2travel2006

Hi,we're on the cruise,too.We've never tried MSC before-heard some good things from friends,and hopefully,this will be a good one. We got a great rate,and we're looking forward to something different.This is our 19th cruise.We love them all,but we like good food-hope this is a gourmet's pleasure.Celebrity and Princess are fantastic,but let's go for something new!Would like to hear from others on this ship.

Hi

Great, l did the crossing over, it was great. I also got a great price in the UK including all flights and transfers outside-room 1000 pounds, basically a 3 week holiday with all food can't complain.

The ship is fantastic, very clean, excellent staff that during the crossing really get to know you and look after you (if you are pleasent to them of- course)

See you there.

Hi

Gald to hear you enjoyed the ship.I'm reading a lot of negative comments about the ship on these boards,and my husband and I want to know if the service is different on the transatlantic cruise from the strictly caribbean cruises.Did you do the crossing last year,and you're going again this year?We'll have to get together for a drink.We're very concerned with the quality and service of the food.Let me know.We live in Florida,so we will be driving to Fort Lauderdale,and returning from Milan.Details,I need details!

Hi

I did crossing over Dec 27th 2005, loved it so much, the ship being so clean and the staff so amenable just had to book the return trip from Ft Laud to Genoa.

The ship is immaculate, very bright and modern, the restaurants are absolutely 5 star, the daily food choices change for each meal with plenty of selection for each course.

Komang in Piano bar is an excellent bar terder with his own amusing disposition. Walter the pianist performed excellently. Thats where you will find me most evenings.

There are of course many sitting areas depending on what you wish to listen to.

There are many daily activities for everyone to enjoy, great animation team playing various games around the Piscina for all age groups to enjoy.

Never a shortage of sun loungers or towels.

Overall the ship is beautiful, and l thoughly enjoyed every minuite of the voyage, which is why l am doing the return trip.

See you there.

Bon voyage for now.

Hi

Thanks for your positive feedback on the Opera crossing-we're really looking forward to it now.I found menus,and the food is to our liking,as we are not of the hotdog,hamburger set!My husband is Italian and I'm Greek,and we love Mediterranean food.Plus,we're on vacation.After many years of working,we retired to Florida,and the best part is the ability to leave when we want.How could that be bad?:D

Anyone doing trans to Genoa?

My friend and I are doing this trip. We are both long-time cruisers who have done many previous crossings on the various Royal Olympia ships (alas, a company no longer in operation). We have also sailed with other Italian cruise lines. Hoping for a similar European-style experience. We like the relaxed atmosphere of a crossing trip and love the destination! We plan to spend two extra days in Milan before flying home. See you on board!

Hi-

Glad to hear someone else is on this ship! Hope to see you on board.My husband and I are also long-time cruisers,but never transatlantic.We're also staying in Italy-1 night in Genoa,train to Milan,and a night there before flying back.We're very excited about the trip.Love the fact that we sail for 6 days without getting off-it's always so rushed when everyone is running off the ship at each port!

Do you know how booked the ship is yet?They keep lowering the prices.;)

• 5 months later...

Hi luv2travel2006

Am booked on this cruise this year (departs Genoa 16 Dec to FL) am booked in a suite but worried about the atlantic "pitch n roll" that time of year? also our cabin is the first one nearest the poolside - they don't start the pool games really early am do they??? And finally, can't seem to get any info from MSC whether it is coming back eastbound to Genoa, as it's a repositioning cruise they say no decision has been made yet (this info came via my travel agent). Be grateful of a bit of reassurance, you seem pretty clued up on MSC!

Archived