Observation Deck Rules

phillyguy31

20 hours ago, Da-Painter said:

I was on the Bliss in October, and the Observation Lounge area was about 80% empty. It had great little items to eat, teas, and was a nice and quiet to spend time. If a few folks are sleeping, is it really a problem? If it was 80% full of folks sleeping like a homeless shelter, I guess that would be another issue. Is this really an issue on other ships? 

I find a bigger issue finding a place to sit out at the pool, its packed, and all the chair hogs reserving seats for the day are a bigger problem. So if folks have to go to the OL, with 4,000 folks on board, where else do they go?

I believe the issue is much worse on Alaska sailings.  The view is gorgeous and it is cold outside.

I was on the Bliss Nov-Dec in the carribbean .The Observation lounge was well used during the day and I would say about 3/4 of the people were sleeping- pillows,blankets,coats etc.It was unbelievable-what appeared to be whole families stretched out and curled up.I think this is very rude and such a waste of a beautiful room.Doesn't anybody sleep in their beds anymore?

5 hours ago, realnurse2 said:

I was on the Bliss Nov-Dec in the carribbean .The Observation lounge was well used during the day and I would say about 3/4 of the people were sleeping- pillows,blankets,coats etc.It was unbelievable-what appeared to be whole families stretched out and curled up.I think this is very rude and such a waste of a beautiful room.Doesn't anybody sleep in their beds anymore?

Wow!  That's unreal! 

But I can tell you that I've seen the same thing in upscale hotel lobbies - people with their feet (WITH shoes on) laying out on the couches - and sometimes whole families taking up multiple couches, as you mentioned - sometimes  even while a musician was playing.  

Who are these people?!?

On 1/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Send the "washy washy" people to spray the seating areas. If you snooze, you get washed.

Thank you for a good chuckle!!!!!

And let me add they should sing that darn song Very LOUDLY.

Also agree get rid of loungers. Frankly they are not that comfy.