Tortuguero Canal tour

Babcie3

If anyone has taken this tour with Charlie Soto or Oscar Brown, I would like to hear the pros and cons for either one of these tours. I can't decide who I would rather book. We do not plan on using the zip like if that makes a difference.

Thank you. :)

Hi Babcie

I just wanted to give you another option... We went on the canal tour with Danilo Hall (Caribbean Adventures) in December and we had an awesome time with Danilo on the canal.. He wasn't just interested in taking us to the canal and back to the cruise ship.. We talked to him about some of the things that we were doing in the U.S. and he ended up taking us around town, to the banana packaging plants and even to his house...

It was a lot of fun with him and he was willing to work around us... Anyway, just thought I would give you someone else to think about.. Have a great cruise and a lot of fun whoever you decide to use!!

Babcie3,

We just took our second tour with Oscar on Jan 31,2006. I must say that our tour was even better than our first one with him in 2004. It was pouring rain the entire day we were in port, but everyone thanked me for hooking them up with Oscar when the tour was done. He ranks at the top of my list as tour operators in all of the ports that we have been in.

Because it was raining he changed our scheduled stops to try to get the most out of our time even with the rain. We were scheduled to go to the zip line, Las Brisas, as our first stop. Instead we toured the town and then to the banana platation, which was covered. He was on his cell phone with Las Brisas and the canal operators trying to find a dry spot for us to dodge the rain. The canal operator that Oscar uses was very informative and had a keen eye that allowed us to see tons of wildlife even with it raining. They gave us heavy slickers to keep us dry and the boat was much smaller than the ships boats of about 40 people.

Several people changed their minds about doing the zipline, because of the rain. Oscar adjusted his tour price for those that decided to skip the zipline. I really like the change from Almonds and Corals to Las Brisas as the roads are much better and you have more time to do other things since the zipline is much closer.

Oscar includes water, sodas, and beer in the price ofyour tour. We tried to see the Brillance from El Faro, but the weather was just to foggy. At the end of the tour Oscar hands each couple a gift to take home with you. Again, this was a very special day that I will pass on to others so they can enjoy Puerto Limon as much as I did. Oscar is now doing doing tours out of Puntarenas as well.

If you have any questions, please ask and I will try to answer them for you.

I second Driftwoodgal's post, I was on the same tour with her and we had a fabulous time. This ranks very high as one of the best tours we have ever taken. Oscar was so full of information and even braved the drenching rain to get native plants/fruits for us to see

Oscar just made the day very special even though we were first disapointed that it was pouring rain but the tour was great despite this.

For all that we saw and did in this tour the price was awesome, about what the RCI tour of just the canals was, and we got so much more, ended up being about a 6 hour tour in a very comfortable bus with drinks included.

If we ever get to Costa Rica again I will be calling on Oscar for another tour, he is proud of his country and loves to share it with others.

Funcruiser

Archived