Casual Wear??

ConfusedDress

From Carnival's website:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

On "casual" dinner nights, I have worn a pair of black slacks, white or black "capri" pants, etc. All paired with cute little tops.

Do a search, you'll find many posts on the "jeans" issue. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Think light, warm, tropical, balmy, breezy. Check out the commercials on tv that show folks on islands (or cruises), and magazine photos of tropical beaches. No jeans in sight.:)

That's the ticket! Cotton, you are giving me warm thoughts today. I need them. It's 23 degrees here!

first cruiser here- aside from the formal night - the men are not allowed to wear nice golf type shorts or nice shorts to the dining room?

I was only planning on the men wearing slacks on the formal night and then more resort casual the rest of night - 5 night cruise-

thanks for info- greatly appreciated-

Debbie

first cruiser here- aside from the formal night - the men are not allowed to wear nice golf type shorts or nice shorts to the dining room?

I was only planning on the men wearing slacks on the formal night and then more resort casual the rest of night - 5 night cruise-

thanks for info- greatly appreciated-

Debbie

Just think, would he wear "golf type shorts" to dinner at the country club?

The slacks for formal night should be part of a tux or suit.

Sorry, no shorts or tees allowed in the formal dining room in the evenings. Lido buffet - just about anything goes.

Khakis, dockers, nice golf/polo shirts are fine for the dining room every night except formal night.

In the dining room for b'fast or lunch, shorts are ok, just no swimwear or coverups.

Sorry, no shorts or tees allowed in the formal dining room in the evenings. Lido buffet - just about anything goes.

Khakis, dockers, nice golf/polo shirts are fine for the dining room every night except formal night.

In the dining room for b'fast or lunch, shorts are ok, just no swimwear or coverups.

I need some clarification on TEES... does this mean.. if I have a nice tshirt with a pattern.. (not the skin tight ones that show the navel).. that goes with my capri pants.. I am not allowed to wear that:confused:

Kelly, you should be fine. I wore a pair of black silky capri pants with a nice white fitted t-shirt with rhinestones around the collar and flat black shoes. It was the same thing I'd wear if I went to a nice restaurant here at home..that's all you have to keep in mind....if you would wear it to an upscale restaurant in your hometown, then you should be fine wearing it on the ship!

I think the reference to TEES was mainly for men wearing (what they call today) "wife-beaters" or tanks, or even basic T-shirts that you'd normally bum around with company names, logos, or even plain white. I wouldn't allow my husband to wear those during dinner.

Kelly, you should be fine. I wore a pair of black silky capri pants with a nice white fitted t-shirt with rhinestones around the collar and flat black shoes. It was the same thing I'd wear if I went to a nice restaurant here at home..that's all you have to keep in mind....if you would wear it to an upscale restaurant in your hometown, then you should be fine wearing it on the ship!

Excellent thanks.. yes I would wear it to any upscale restaurant here.. :)

I understand the meaning of tshirts to be ones with the logos and stuff on them.. not the ones that come matched with a nice outfit! The higher end tshirts today are in such beautiful vibrant colours.. I think if they are plain or with stones and stuff they are so pretty!

Kelly, I agree. There are some really nice women's Tees out there! I'm just a "rhinestone" person that it seems no matter what I wear it's got them on it, or I put them on it myself!

My husband has been an electronics store owner for over 27 years. So, needless to say, he gets a LOT of free tees from vendors with everything from their company names/logos to scantily clad women stretching themselves across cars...lol. I would NEVER let him even BRING them on the cruise...let alone wear them to dinner! However, if I wasn't there, I'm sure he'd try ;)

He's getting used to the idea of wearing a tux on formal nights. He says he feels like a billion-dollars dressed in it (as you can see by our picture). It's the fun of the formal nights I guess...the fantasy of it all. Getting dressed up to walk 2 deck down (or up) and go to a fancy restaurant, not having to drive...almost like reliving a prom or graduation or wedding. GOD HOW I LOVE CRUISING!

Can't wait to get my butt on that ship!!!!

resort casual

Debbie

Herein lies the entire problem. The definition of resort casual. There are close to 300 million people in this fine country and I would wager very close to 300 million definitions of resort casual. They run from Greenbrier resort casual which basically demands a blazer and tie in the dining rooms all the way down to Bob's Rustic resort where resort casual is a baseball cap, t shirt, shorts and flip flops. So unless the cruise lines take the definition further than simply resort casual this problem will go on and on and on and all manner of attire will be seen on most but not all cruise lines.

Yes, I was referring to the men's ordinary, super-casual tees when I replied, although it would apply to ladies as well.:rolleyes: The ladies' tees that you're talking about are just fine with some nice pants, skirt, or capris.

LadyC - I don't know that I've seen cargo pants on anyone, but aren't they made of khaki fabric? Probably be ok with a nice shirt.:)

Yes, I was referring to the men's ordinary, super-casual tees when I replied, although maybe some females need to not wear those, as well.:rolleyes: The ladies' tees that you're talking about are just fine with some nice pants, skirt, or capris.

LadyC - I don't know that I've seen cargo pants on anyone, but aren't they made of khaki fabric? Probably be ok with a nice shirt.:)

Thanks Cotton. :)

CArgo pants are like dockers same material.. but have a few pockets on the side.. that is all my SO will wear.. so HE will be wearing those for non formal nights!

Cotton and Kelly . . . thank you! My son would never wear anything inappropriate but he sure will be happy to hear that he doesn't have to wear dockers . . . :p He's a pilot with the Coast Guard so virtually lives in his flight suit (and uniforms) . . . needless to say his wardrobe is seriously lacking. Plan to do some "shopping" for him for Christmas (our cruise isn't until next January). This will be our first mother/son cruise since he was fifteen or sixteen . . . still can't believe that he wants to take a cruise with his mother . . . I love it!!!!!! :D

I was on the Liberty last Month and on causal night we saw everything from dress up to shorts. Yes there we people wearing shorts in the Dining room. Guess they did not read the Carnival website and no one said anything to them.

If you have nice jeans with no holes or patches wear them no one on ship will say anything to you. Amazing after you sit down no one can tell if you have on Jeans or not.

Archived