Carnival Pride Embarkation tims

summitfridge

Hi, we will be traveling out of the Port of Baltimore on the Carnival Pride.  Our boarding time is 2:00 if we get there earlier will we be able to board earlier?

We are not planning on arriving at the port until about 12:30, it will be cold so I don't want to just sit in a parked car waiting.  Thanks for your help!!!

1 hour ago, summitfridge said:

Hi, we will be traveling out of the Port of Baltimore on the Carnival Pride.  Our boarding time is 2:00 if we get there earlier will we be able to board earlier?

We are not planning on arriving at the port until about 12:30, it will be cold so I don't want to just sit in a parked car waiting.  Thanks for your help!!!

maybe, maybe not.  Baltimore cruises are not scheduled to get back until 10am, so boarding starts much later then most ports. They will probably not let you in the building if boading has not started yet, so you could be outside until close to your arrival time. 

Your boarding time isn't 2:00pm.  Your check-in time is.

If you're concerned about sitting in a parked car waiting, plan to arrive as close to 2:00pm as possible.  Delays and pile-ups in and around the port of Baltimore can change with the wind.  Sometimes its easy-peasy and other times its a clusterf...ooops.    Whether or not the "early/late" line moves along at a good pace is dependent on how on time the Pride is back in port, how smoothly debarkation goes and how many others choose to ignore the staggered check-in times and arrive early too.

If you are travelling when the weather is to the extreme (freezing cold in winter, blazing hot in summer), my recommendation is arrive during your scheduled check-in time window.  You'll move through well without the risk of waiting outside passing out from the heat or succumbing to frostbite.

The parking lot tends to open between 10:30 and 11:00.  Boarding starts around noon.

I've only cruised from Baltimore with FTTF, so I don't know how strict they are with check in times.  But, if you do get there early, you won't have to wait in the car. Worst case scenario is you go on the slower moving early arrival line.

Thanks for all your help! I think we will arrive somewhere around 12:30 that gives us a cushion in case NOVA traffic is hopping even on a Sunday, you never know up there! We are all getting excited, yay!!!!!  Thanks again everyone for your responses 🙂